10 Detox Water Recipes that will kickstart your weight loss and make you feel great fast!
Want to know an easy, inexpensive way to make your skin glow, get more energy and give your weight loss plan a boost? Detox water is a great way to help you look and feel healthier and you probably already have a lot of the things you need in your kitchen. Adding some glutathione supplement would also aid in your detox. So what makes detox water so great and why should you be drinking it? Let’s look at some of the benefits….
9 Health Benefits of Drinking Detox H2o
- Drinking infused water flushes out the toxins in your system
- Helps with digesting food
- Restores water loss from sweating
- Gives your body an energy boost
- Releases fat cells to help with weight loss
- Restores skin vibrancy and improves skin hydration
- Increases the amount of calories your body burns
- Gives you a feeling of fullness to discourage overeating
- Helps your muscles recuperate after working out
Drinking more water carries a list of health benefits, especially if you get rid of any chemicals in the water by using a water filter (if you don’t have a filter then look at these whole house water filter reviews to see which is best for you). Water filters can help to take out contaminants from your water supply so that it is fit for consumption; for reviews of such products, check out Water Filter Way – go there. Some people don’t like drinking water because it lacks flavor but you can get even more out of your daily h2o intake by drinking infused water.
What is Infused Water?
Infused water is simply water that has been combined with fruits and/or vegetables and herbs so that it gains some of the flavor and nutrition from the additions. It’s also called detox water because it can help your body release toxins.
How to Make It
It’s easy to make your own flavored water at home, you don’t need any fancy appliances, just a few ingredients and a water bottle. You can squeeze the juice from your fruits for a stronger flavor or slice them and add to cold or room temperature water.
Detoxification Water Recipes
You can create any flavor you want by combining fruits you love to give your water a great tasting kick. Here are a few popular detox recipes to try:
- Citrus Water – one lemon + one lime (juiced or sliced) + water. Great source of Vitamin C. Helps cleanse your liver, boost your immune system and clear your skin.
- Lemon Cayenne Water– 8 ounces warm water + juice of 1/2 lemon + pinch of cayenne pepper. Also called the “master cleanse” recipe, popular weight loss booster. Increases metabolism and improves circulation.
- Cucumber Water– 1/2 cucumber sliced thin + water. Calms inflammation and helps with bloating.
- Apple Cinnamon Water – 1 apple thinly sliced and seeded + 1 cinnamon stick + water. Increases metabolism and is rich in Vitamins C and B complex. May help lower cholesterol and aid weight loss.
- Mango Ginger Water – 1 inch ginger root peeled + 1 cup sliced mango + water . Boosts weight loss, natural pain reliever and helps relieve heartburn.
- Strawberry Lime Water – 10 strawberries sliced + juice of 1 lime (or sliced) + water. A natural superfood, strawberries are loaded with vitamins and have more vitamin C than an orange.
- Peach Mint Water – 1 sprig of mint + 10 frozen peach slices + water.
- Mango Basil Water– 8 leaves of basil + 1 large mango sliced + water. Basil is a natural anti-inflammatory with antibiotic benefits as well.
- Pineapple Mint Honey Water – 1 teaspoon of honey + 1 sprig of mint + 6 slices of pineapple. Promotes digestion, soothes inflammation. Plus pineapples are full of important nutrients like calcium, magnesium, B6 and folate.
- Coconut Lime Cayenne Water. Juice of 1 coconut + 1 lime sliced + pinch of cayenne pepper. This sweet and spicy combo is full of electrolytes, aids in digestion and is high in fiber. It also has a metabolism and weight loss boost from the cayenne and vitamin C.
Detox Diet Resources
Want to know more about all the health benefits and ways you can help your body with a detox diet? Checkout this post by our friends at Healthline