Thanksgiving dinner menu ideas- from the perfect turkey to dessert ideas, we're sharing the best traditional Thanksgiving dishes and recipes.
I love going home for Thanksgiving. We all get together at my aunt's house and spend the day hanging out, girls in the kitchen stirring and baking while the guys shoot the bull around a big fire pit outside. I love the smell of southern dishes cooking, sipping a glass of wine and gossiping over small town drama. I really really love when the table is all set and we've said a little prayer and I get to pile my plate up high. For me there are a few traditional tastes I always look forward to, Thanksgiving favorites that you just gotta have.
If you're planning Thanksgiving weekend in New York City, our friends at Stroller in the City have a list of awesome ideas you can't miss.
- Turkey– the star of the day, the centerpiece for the meal. There are a million different ways to cook your bird and dress him up. I love Martha's recipe for how to roast a turkey
- Stuffing (try this recipe for a simple savory dressing)
- Green Bean Casserole
- Sweet Potato Casserole
- Deviled Eggs
- Cranberry Sauce (try this recipe)
- Honey Butter Rolls (delicious! like these)
- Pecan Pie
- Pumpkin Pie (because one pie is just never enough)
I've pulled together all the best recipes for this list and more Thanksgiving dinner menu ideas over on my Pinterest boards. Pin these recipes and make planning super easy this holiday season.
What are some of your favorite Thanksgiving dishes?