Lasagna soup is a hearty, comforting meal perfect for cold winter days. It combines the classic Italian flavors of pasta sauce and tomato soup with noodles and cheese to create a creamy, delicious bowl of lasagna soup.
We’ve had a little bit of snow this week and the kids are loving it! They couldn’t wait to get outside and play. After getting everyone all geared up we ventured out into the snow. They spent the afternoon going up and down our hill, sledding and snowball fighting till they could barely feel their noses.
I love making this soup when it’s cold outside. It’s the perfect meal to make you feel all warm and cozy! And it smells so good when it’s cooking on the stove. My family always requests this one when we have a snow day.
This recipe is easy to make and you can customize it by adding in your favorite vegetables or meat. It takes a little while to cook, but it’s worth the wait!
Lasagna Soup Recipe
This recipe will yield 6 servings of lasagna soup.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp dried oregano (or 2 tbsp fresh)
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme (or 2 tbsp fresh)
- 1 tsp dried basil (or 2 tbsp fresh)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 oz ricotta cheese
- 8 oz lasagne noodles, broken up into bite size pieces (use gluten free noodles if needed)
- 14 oz jar of pasta sauce (I used tomato basil)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- salt & pepper
- Brown ground beef. Crumble and drain. Set aside
- In a large pot heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and saute for 2-3 minutes. Stir in garlic and saute for additional minute.
- Next, add pasta sauce, broth, basil, thyme and oregano. Stir well and add in ground beef.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 30 minutes.
- Boil lasagna noodles according to package instructions.
- Add pasta noodles to soup.
- In a mixing bowl, combine mozzarella and ricotta.
- Finally, fill individual soup bowls with soup. Top with cheese mixture and serve.
What are some of your favorite comfort meals? Leave a comment below or on our social media pages.
We love hearing what our readers love and getting new ideas for recipes to try.
More Popular Recipes
DINNER IDEA- MEATBALLS AND MUSHROOM GRAVY
OREO COOKIE BROWNIE CRISPS RECIPE
5 FALL SOUP RECIPES – COZY COMFORT FOODS
EASY CHEESY LASAGNA IN 30 MINUTES
SWEET CORN PUDDING CASSEROLE WITH SAUSAGE
Follow our Pinterest page for more delicious recipes and meal ideas!