This post was sponsored by Southeastern Mills as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
It’s the most wonderful time of the year! I love the holidays, it’s my favorite time of the year. There’s so much to look forward to and so much to be thankful f The festivities, all the pretty decorations, and ofcourse THE FOOD!
I’m excited to share a family dinner idea with you guys that’s always a big hit in our house. It’s one of those comfort style meals that’s rich and savory and perfect to enjoy on a cozy winter night.
The secret that really makes this meal extra delicious is the gravy. I use Southeastern Mills Classic Brown Gravy Mix, it’s full of flavor and so easy to make. It really gives this dish all the wonderful flavor that makes it stand out.
I love using Southeastern Mills Baking and Gravy mixes for making meals at home, especially during the holiday season. The made from scratch quality and taste makes it convenient and easy to create main dishes and sides that my family loves. Whether it’s biscuits for breakfast or dressing up a chicken recipe with gravy, I use these mixes in so many ways.
One of my favorite things to make for the holidays – Glazed Cranberry Biscuits! They are so yummy and make gathering around the table extra special. Some of my best memories growing up are the flavors and smells that came from our kitchen during Christmas time! I want my family to have those same feelings about this time of year.
On to the good stuff! How to make this Meatballs with Mushroom Gravy Dish….
- 1 lb of ground beef
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup grated onion
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl combine egg, Parmesan, Italian seasoning and salt & pepper. Whisk together.
- Add in ground beef and mix with your hands.
- Add onions and breadcrumbs.
- Shape meatballs into 1 1/2 inch balls and place in a baking dish.
- Broil in oven for 20 to 25 minutes until meatballs are browned.
- Southeastern Mills Classic Brown Gravy
- 1 1/2 cup of sliced mushrooms
- Prepare gravy per directions on package.
- Add mushrooms and continue to simmer for three minutes.
- Remove and serve over egg noodles or prepared pasta of your choice.
I hope you have a wonderful holiday with your family and get to spend some time gathered around the table enjoying meals together.
What are your family’s favorite holiday dishes? Share with us in the comments or on our social pages and remember to stock up on Southeastern Mills mixes next time you shop for groceries.