Fall soup recipes to warm you up! We're sharing five of our favorite soups to make when you're wanting to cozy with a bowl of something warm and delicious.
Tomato Basil Soup
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- ¼ cup fresh basil
- 28 oz crushed tomato, 2 cans
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Add oil, onion, celery, and garlic to a large pot. Sauté over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add tomato paste, basil, crushed tomatoes, broth, baking soda, salt, pepper and thyme. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Cover and continue simmering for 15 minutes.
- Remove thyme sprigs.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth.
- Let cool and garnish with a bit of fresh basil.
Loaded Potato Soup
- 4 lb russet potato, washed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup flour
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- 8 oz cream cheese
- shredded cheese
- bacon, diced
- fresh chive, chopped
- Preheat your oven to 425˚F (220˚C).
- Rub potatoes with salt, pepper, and olive oil. Place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake in preheated oven for 40-50 minutes.
- Allow potatoes to cool. Peel and mash potatoes.
- Heat oil in large pot over a medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for 4- 5 minutes.
- Add butter and melt.
- Next, slowly stir in flour and mix.
- Pour in chicken broth. Add cream cheese and stir well.
- Add mashed potatoes and salt & pepper.
- Serve topped with bacon, cheese and chives.
Pumpkin Bisque Soup
- 1 (16 ounce) can pumpkin
- 1 (11 ounce) package butternut squash, thawed
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- In a medium saucepan, combine pumpkin, cooked squash, chicken broth, salt, spices and ¼ cup water.
- Mix well until smooth.
- Stir in evaporated milk.
- Heat slowly to serving temperature, stirring frequently.
- Garnish each serving with a dash of nutmeg.
Italian Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive or vegetable oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1/2 lb), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 carton (32 oz) chicken broth (4 cups)
- 2 cups water
- 3 medium carrots diced
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 1/2 cups pasta noodles of your choice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic-pepper blend
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- In 4-quart saucepan, heat oil over medium heat.
- Cook chicken fully for 4 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in onions and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, until onions are translucent.
- Stir in broth, water and carrots. Heat to boiling and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Stir in peas, noodles, basil and garlic-pepper blend. Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and let simmer uncovered for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
- Garnish with parmesan cheese.
Chicken Bone Broth Soup
- 1 whole rotisserie chicken (remove meat, bones only)
- 2 stalks of celery chopped
- 2 large carrots chopped
- 1 onion, halved
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- chopped parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- Place chicken bones in large stock pot. Add enough water to cover bones.
- Add veggies, herbs and apple cider vinegar.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer.
- Continue to simmer partially covered for 4 to 5 hours.
- Strain and serve.
More Posts Like This…