Spaghetti is one of my family’s favorite meals. It’s on my go-to list of dinners I know everyone will love. I like to mix it up occasionally though and try something different, so I decided to make these easy stuffed mushrooms to go along with our pasta dish.
This recipe is quick and delicious! Just a few ingredients, some pasta and a jar of Ragu Pasta Sauce. The great thing about Ragu is it’s so tasty you don’t need to add anything else. Plus it’s made with no artificial flavors, no high fructose corn syrup and farm grown ingredients.
All you need are mushrooms, fresh basil, mozzarella cheese, italian breadcrumbs, spaghetti and a jar of Ragu Traditional Pasta Sauce.
Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Bring a pot of water to boil and cook your pasta according to the package instructions.
I like to use portobello mushrooms. Give them a good wash and remove the stems. Cut your soft mozzarella into small cubes, just big enough to fit in the mozzarella caps. Place mushrooms on a baking sheet and drizzle with a little olive oil. Now sprinkle your italian bread crumbs over the mozzarella cheese.
Bake mushrooms for 10 to 12 minutes, until the cheese is melted and starts to brown. Take em’ out of oven.
Heat the Ragu Traditional Pasta Sauce in a pan, bring to a simmer. Plate your pasta, pour some sauce over it. Add your mushrooms and a little bit of fresh basil. Dinner is done!
I love that this meal has a little bit of melted, cheesy deliciousness combined with the hearty, traditional taste I crave from a good pasta dish.
Want to try more family favorite recipes made with tradition? Visit the campaign landing page to discover the Ragu heritage story!
Stuffed Mushrooms & Spaghetti Recipe
- 12 to 15 portobello mushrooms
- ball of fresh mozzarella
- 2 Tbsp of italian breadcrumbs
- fresh basil leaves
- box of spaghetti
- Rage Traditional Pasta Sauce
- olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Boil water and cook pasta according to package. Drain and set aside
- Wash mushrooms, dry and remove stems
- Cut mozzarella into small cubes, about 1/2 inch
- Place mushrooms on a baking sheet and stuff with mozzarella cubes
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle bread crumbs over top
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes till cheese is melted and starts to brown
- Simmer Ragu pasta sauce in a pan
- Plate pasta, pour pasta sauce over and add a few mushrooms on top
- Chop basil leaves, add a few to plate and serve