If you’re like me, you’re all about simple and tasty dishes. Well, today I’ve got something that checks both those boxes—Sheet Pan Roasted Potatoes and Carrots. This one’s a home run, folks. Perfect for weeknight dinners or when you’re feeding a crowd, and guess what? Cleanup is a breeze!
Sheet pan roasted vegetables are such a great option when you want something healthy and quick. This is one of my favorite easy weeknight sides to serve.
I absolutely love making this sheet pan roasted potatoes and carrots dish alongside a juicy beef roast; they complement each other so well and make the meal feel complete. The hearty flavors of the veggies pair perfectly with the richness of the beef, creating a cozy and satisfying dinner.
On busy days, I’ll grab a rotisserie chicken from the store and let these roasted veggies shine as the side dish, making for a quick, easy, and delicious meal that everyone enjoys.
Roasted Carrots and Potatoes Recipe
What You’ll Need:
- 4 large potatoes, diced
- 4 large carrots, sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Optional: Fresh herbs like rosemary or thyme for garnish
How to Roast Carrots and Potatoes
- Preheat Oven: Turn your oven on to 400°F (200°C).
- Prepare Vegetables: Wash the potatoes and carrots. Dice the potatoes into bite-sized pieces and slice the carrots.
- Mix Spices and Oil: In a large bowl, combine the olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder.
- Coat the Veggies: Add the diced potatoes and sliced carrots to the bowl with the oil and spices. Toss until all pieces are well-coated.
- Arrange on Sheet Pan: Spread the coated potatoes and carrots evenly on a sheet pan, making sure they’re not overlapping.
- Roast: Place the sheet pan in the preheated oven and roast for 25-30 minutes, or until the potatoes are golden and the carrots are tender.
- Optional Garnish: Once out of the oven, sprinkle with fresh herbs like rosemary or thyme, if desired.
- Serve: Enjoy your Sheet Pan Roasted Potatoes and Carrots as a side dish or even as a main course for a simpler meal!
If you like, you can add some fresh herbs like rosemary or thyme once the veggies are out of the oven. It makes the dish look pretty and adds a pop of flavor. This potato and carrot recipe is so easy and such a great choice when you want oven-roasted veggies without a lot of work.
Easy Side Dish
There you have it! A super easy, super tasty veggie dish that pretty much anyone can nail. It’s awesome as a healthy side or even as the main event if you’re keeping things simple. Plus, you can always add more veggies or spices to make it your own. Check out our Pinterest page for more sheet pan dinner ideas.
Pin this for later and follow our Pinterest page