Cheese platter on the party table, then you’re guaranteed to find me lingering nearby. I love cheese! It’s one of my favorite foods if not my favorite food. A great cheese is always a crowd pleaser and actually much easier to make than you might imagine. There are a few key tips to keep in mind when creating the perfect cheese board….
How to Create the Perfect Cheese Board
- Start with a good cheese serving board. You want one that will be big enough to hold a variety of items. Also it should be something you can easily use a knife on. This one from Elite Creations is one of my favorites. It has a hidden tray that pulls out with all the utensils you need. I also love that there’s an indention to hold crackers or snacks along the top and sides.
- Cheese varieties. You want to serve a variety of cheeses that will offer different flavors and textures. I like to choose a combination of soft and hard cheeses that range from mild to flavorful. On this board I added a bleu cheese for something full of taste. There’s also a hard manchego and a tipsy goat to balance out the blend of flavors.
- Meat and Cheese Tray. I like adding a few meat options to my cheese board. Summer sausage and prosciutto add just enough to make this cheese board hearty and also give it a bit more color. It’s especially great to serve for the holidays!
- Crackers. Again, it’s good to offer a variety. Water crackers are easy and go with everything. You can also add other cracker flavors- Wheat Thins, Ritz crackers, Triscuits, etc….
- Fruit. You can’t go wrong with fresh grapes. Not only do they look great they compliment the cheese and meat perfectly. But you don’t have to limit yourself to grapes. Fresh apple slices are also a tasty addition to enjoy with cheese. Pears and berries are great too!
- Nuts & dried fruit. Great to nibble on and a good companion to any cheese plate, nuts are nutritious and delicious. Add a handful of nuts mixed with dried fruit. Cherries, dates, apricots, pineapples….
Shop for our Favorite Cheese Platter
Find this excellent cheese cutting board and knife set from Elite Creations online at Amazon. It’s perfect for creating party platters!
Pinterest Party Ideas
Pin this idea for later and be sure to follow our Pinterest page