Rice bowls are the way to go. Not only are they a tasty option for lunch or dinner, they’re also incredibly versatile and customizable. I’m sharing 10 easy-to-make rice bowl recipes that are perfect for meal planning and will keep you feeling satisfied throughout the day.
Before we dive in, let’s talk about why rice bowls are a great choice. First and foremost, rice is a great source of complex carbohydrates, which provide our bodies with sustained energy. Additionally, rice bowls are a great way to pack in protein, veggies, and healthy fats, making for a well-rounded meal. Another benefit is that they are easy to prepare in advance and can be customized to fit any dietary restrictions or preferences.
Rice Bowls – How to Make 10 Rice Bowl Recipes at Home
- Teriyaki Chicken Bowl: Cook brown rice according to package instructions. Top with grilled or roasted chicken that has been marinated in teriyaki sauce. Add steamed broccoli, sliced carrots, and a sprinkle of sesame seeds.
- Vegetarian Burrito Bowl: Cook quinoa and black beans. Top with diced tomatoes, bell peppers, corn, avocado, and cilantro. Add a dollop of sour cream or salsa for extra flavor.
- Korean Beef Bowl: Cook white rice and top with thinly sliced beef that has been marinated in a mixture of soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, and ginger. Add sliced cucumber, pickled carrots, and a fried egg on top.
- Chickpea Curry Bowl: Cook brown rice and top with a hearty chickpea curry. To make the curry, sauté onions and garlic in a pan with curry powder, then add canned tomatoes and chickpeas. Simmer until thickened, then serve over rice.
- Teriyaki Tofu Bowl: Cook brown rice and top with cubed tofu that has been marinated in teriyaki sauce. Add sliced bell peppers, edamame, and a sprinkle of green onions.
- Shrimp Stir-Fry Bowl: Cook white rice and top with stir-fried shrimp and veggies. To make the stir-fry, sauté garlic and ginger in a pan, then add sliced bell peppers, broccoli, and shrimp. Finish with a drizzle of soy sauce.
- Grilled Salmon Bowl: Cook white or brown rice and top with grilled salmon. Add steamed bok choy, sliced avocado, cucumbers and a sprinkle of sesame seeds. Drizzle with teriyaki sauce for extra flavor.
- Vegan Buddha Bowl: Cook brown rice and top with roasted sweet potato, kale, grape tomatoes and chickpeas. Drizzle with tahini dressing.
- Chicken and Veggie Bowl: Cook white rice and top with grilled chicken, roasted asparagus, and sliced tomatoes. Finish with a drizzle of balsamic glaze.
- Pork and Pineapple Bowl: Cook brown rice and top with sliced pork that has been marinated in a mixture of soy sauce, honey, and ginger. Add grilled pineapple, sliced red onion, and a sprinkle of cilantro.
The possibilities are truly endless so don’t be afraid to get creative and customize to your liking.
Pin this for later and follow our Pinterest page for more healthy meal ideas
Easy Recipes- Chicken Lettuce Wraps with Cauliflower Rice
Delightfully Cheesy: Chicken and Broccoli Stuffed Peppers You’ll Crave!
Garlic Herb Pork Sirloin with Sweet Ginger Glaze & Pineapple Cilantro Rice