Strawberry Pretzel Pie recipe, a southern favorite and the perfect dessert to bring to any summer party or picnic!
It’s strawberry season , so why not make this delicious strawberry pretzel pie? This recipe is super easy to follow, and the result is a truly delicious and impressive pie. The fresh strawberries and salty pretzels are a perfect combination, and the creamy filling is just divine. So, if you’re looking for a show-stopping dessert that is sure to please, look no further than this strawberry pretzel pie recipe. Enjoy!
My favorite thing about this dessert is how fresh and flavorful the strawberries are. I always use fresh berries in this recipe, and they really make a difference. The strawberries are perfectly ripe and sweet, and they pair so well with the salty pretzels. If you can’t find fresh strawberries, you could also use frozen berries. Just be sure to thaw them before using.
I use this recipe from the NY Times Cooking, it has 1500+ highly rated reviews. Visit their page for the full recipe
Strawberry Pretzel Pie Recipe
Makes 8 servings
- 14 tablespoons/200 grams unsalted butter (1¾ sticks), softened, plus more for greasing the pan
- 2 cups plus 2 tablespoons/265 grams unsifted confectioners’ sugar
- 3 cups/120 grams mini snack pretzels, finely ground
- 1 cup/130 grams all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 2ounces/340 grams cream cheese
- 1½ cups/360 milliliters very cold heavy whipping cream
- 1 pound/450 grams fresh strawberries, hulled and thinly sliced lengthwise
To Make Pie Crust
- Set your oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a 9 inch pie dish with butter and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 14 tablespoons of butter, 1/2 cup confectioner’s sugar, ground pretzels, flour, baking soda and salt. Beat on low speed until soft dough begins to form.
- Transfer dough to pie pan.
- Finger press dough to form pie crust, evenly distributing across bottom and sides.
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until crust puffs up slightly and turns golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
To Make Pie Filling
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese on high until soft, about 1 minute.
- Turn off mixer. Add 1/2 cup confectioners sugar and continue to beat on low until well combined. Scrape down sides and beat on high until mixture is fluffy.
- Set mixer on low speed, slowly our in heavy whipping cream and mix until smooth. Stop to scrape down sides and continue mixing on high speed until whipped consistency forms.
- Spread evenly over cooled crust.
To Make Strawberry Topping
- Combine sliced strawberries with 2 tablespoons confectioners sugar and toss.
Spread strawberry mixture over whipped layer and serve!