I want to share with you guys one of my go-to, super simple side dishes – corn on the cob in the microwave. I absolutely love this dish because it’s not only delicious but also inexpensive, filling, and incredibly versatile. Plus, it’s super easy to prepare in the microwave!
Before we get started, let’s talk about why corn on the cob is such a great side dish. For starters, it’s a great source of fiber and other essential nutrients. Corn is also very filling, which means it’s a great way to help fill you up without breaking the bank. And, let’s not forget how delicious it is! Whether you’re grilling it, boiling it, or microwaving it, corn on the cob always tastes great.
Now, let’s dive into how to make corn on the cob in the microwave. Here’s what you’ll need:
- Corn on the cob (1-4 ears)
- Microwave-safe dish
- Salt (optional)
- Butter (optional)
Corn On the Cob in the Microwave
- Remove the husks and silk from the corn.
- Rinse the corn under cold water and place it in a microwave-safe dish.
- Add enough water to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Sprinkle salt over the corn (optional).
- Cover the dish with a microwave-safe lid or plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high for 3-5 minutes (depending on the power of your microwave).
- Carefully remove the dish from the microwave and let it cool for a few minutes.
- Serve with butter (optional) and enjoy!
Easy Side Dish Ideas
Now, you may be wondering when to serve corn on the cob as a side dish. Well, the answer is pretty much anytime! Corn on the cob goes great with just about any meal, from burgers to steak to grilled chicken. It’s also a great addition to summer BBQs, potlucks, and picnics. And, if you’re looking for some meal ideas, try serving corn on the cob with grilled chicken and a salad, or alongside some baked beans and potato salad for a classic BBQ spread.
So, there you have it – a quick and easy way to make delicious corn on the cob in the microwave. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Pin this for later and follow our Pinterest page for more recipes and meal ideas