Hey there, foodie friends! I’ve got something truly special for you today – a recipe that’s not only incredibly flavorful but also sure to be a hit at your next gathering. Say hello to my amazing Mexican Street Corn Dip recipe! Inspired by the popular Mexican street food, elote, this dip is a creamy, cheesy, and oh-so-delicious way to enjoy the bold flavors of Mexican cuisine right in the comfort of your own home.
What makes this recipe so irresistible, you ask? It’s all about the perfect blend of ingredients that come together to create a symphony of flavors. We’re talking charred corn, zesty lime, smoky chipotle peppers, and of course, a generous helping of gooey, melty cheese. Trust me, with every bite, you’ll be transported straight to the bustling streets of Mexico City, where the aroma of freshly grilled corn fills the air.
This Mexican Street Corn Dip is the ultimate crowd-pleaser, perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re hosting a casual game night with friends, throwing a festive Cinco de Mayo party, or simply looking for a scrumptious appetizer to serve at your next family dinner, this dip has got you covered. It’s easy to make, versatile, and pairs wonderfully with tortilla chips, veggies, or even as a topping for tacos!
Mexican Street Corn Dip Recipe
- 4 cups corn kernels, fresh or thawed from frozen
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup crumbled Cotija cheese
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and finely diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil and corn kernels to the skillet, stirring occasionally until the corn is charred and slightly caramelized, about 7-10 minutes. Remove from heat and let the corn cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled corn, diced red onion, chopped cilantro, crumbled Cotija cheese, and diced jalapeno.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, lime juice, smoked paprika, chili powder, and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the creamy mixture over the corn mixture and stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate the dip for at least 30 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together.
- When you’re ready to serve, give the dip a final stir and garnish with additional crumbled Cotija cheese, chopped cilantro, and a sprinkle of smoked paprika, if desired.
- Enjoy your Mexican Street Corn Dip with your favorite tortilla chips, fresh veggies, or as a delicious topping for tacos!
So, go ahead and give this mouthwatering Mexican Street Corn Dip a try! I guarantee it’ll become a go-to recipe for all your upcoming gatherings, and your guests will be raving about it long after the party’s over. Cheers!