Have you seen BOOK CLUB yet? I recently hosted a fun little girls’ night in with a few of my favorite ladies and we watched the movie together. Ya’ll it is a must see! Absolutely hilarious, it had me laughing and crying.
The movie stars Diane Keaton, Jane Fonda, Candice Bergen and Mary Steenburgen as a group of women who get together regularly to discuss the latest book they’re reading but end up sharing so much more. Each has their ups and downs, life lessons and challenges they are facing but through it all they support and encourage each other every step of the way.
Purchase your copy of BOOK CLUB and make plans to watch it at home this weekend. The release includes hilarious bonus content, like the making of the film, deleted scenes, and more.
I love that this movie is such a feel good film! There are so many empowering and uplifting messages it embraces. The idea that the next chapter is the best chapter and that it’s never to late to live your best life.
Female friendship is what the BOOK CLUB is all about and I wanted to celebrate that with a girls’ night in party of my own. Something to sip on and something delicious to nibble while we enjoyed watching the movie together. You can host your own BOOK CLUB viewing party with your favorite gal pals too! I’m sharing all the details on these two easy recipes everyone will love.
BOOK CLUB Movie Trailer
BLACKBERRY SANGRIA RECIPE
- 1 bottle (750 ml) moscato wine (or any sweet wine you prefer)
- 5 cups Raspberry Vodka
- 4 cups blackberries
- 1 large pear, diced
- 1 large lemon
- 20 oz can pineapple chunks in juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Combine 2 cups of blackberries, ½ cup of sugar and ¼ cup water in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil. Stir and continue to boil 2 to 3 minutes until sugar dissolves completely.
- Drain syrup into a bowl and set aside to cool
- In a large pitcher combine the vodka and wine
- Add pineapple chunks with juice from can, diced pears and remaining blackberries
- Chill for 2 hours
- Serve over ice. Garnish with lemon slices and mint leaves.
BLUE CHEESE, PEAR AND HONEY CROSTINI
- 1 baguette sliced
- 6 ounces blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 pears sliced thin
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Drizzle baguette slices with olive oil and toast till golden brown.
- Layer each slice of baguette with pear
- Top with crumbled blue cheese and a sprinkle of chopped walnuts
- Drizzle with honey and serve immediately
Enjoy Book Club this weekend with your own girls’ night in! It is now available on digital and Blu-ray.