Everyone wants to know the secret on how to be happy. Or happier…. in our love life, home life, work life. Happier with our bodies, happier with ourselves, happier in the moment. Happier NOW!
Now that we are officially in the New Year the focus is on how we can all be a little better. I know the idea of making resolutions is overdone and overrated, but there is still something to starting the year off with a fresh slate and a healthy sense of optimism. I have my usual list of things I need to work on that pretty much repeats every year: drink more water, workout regularly (not just manically before vacation) , spend more time with friends, eat better, do more yoga, stress less….. And every year I make progress but I feel like I always need a reminder to keep me on track and to make those things a routine.
How to be Happy
Looking back, many life-changing moments I’ve experienced started small, things on a list that I set my mind on accomplishing or overcoming. And many of those things came from books I’d read on ways to be more successful, feel more confident, live the life you want to live. It’s strange when you stop to think about the power something so simple and so inexpensive can have on shaping you as a person and changing your entire life. It’s amazing really, how reading can open up a whole new world and give you the power and the courage to be whoever and whatever you want to be. Even more incredible is that the world has never been more open to new ideas and sharing information as it is now, and the best part is it’s all at our fingertips. Think of how amazing it is that anyone with just a smartphone can access millions of books on any subject imaginable. Think of how easy it is to learn about anything you wish, and anyone you’re inspired by just by typing in a word or a name.
checkout our How to Live Your Best Life post
print out the free motivational list of habits that can change your life
watch out! How cutting carbs and caffeine could actually hurt your health .. read this post
What Is Happiness
So in the spirit of starting the new year off inspiring and being inspired by others, I’m sharing a few of my lists. Because I am a list person. I love making lists and use them to accomplish everything from my daily tasks to my big life goals.
Here is a list of books to help you be a HAPPIER person this year:
- You are a BADASS by Jen Sincero This book has quickly gained a cult following, and for good reason. Jen Sincero is like your best friend that tells it like it is. She takes all the basic common-sense stuff you need to hear and smacks you in the face with it. No sugar coating, no BS. We all need a good kick in the *** when we’re getting caught up in self-doubt and letting our insecurities hold us back.
- 52 Lists for Happiness by Moorea Seal A great journal prompting guide to inspire you every day
- The Positivity Kit by Lisa Currie
- Damn Good Advice by George Lois Written by a legend in the ad business, this book will help your breakthrough whatever is stifling your creative side. It’s an ego-pumping, dream big, just do it read that will light your fire.
- Eat Pretty by Jolene Hart
- I Am Here Now by the Mindfulness Project
- Do One Thing Every Day That Scares You by Robbie Roge & Dian Smith
- Subliminal– How Your Unconcious Mind Rules Your Behavior by Leonard Mlodinow
- Start Where You Are by Meera Lee Patel
- The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F**k by Mark Manson Because happiness truly starts when you stop giving a f**k what everyone else thinks. When you decide to be your real, authentic self and stop wasting time with worry and fear.
More self-help and self-development books to read this year
10% Happier Podcast
Listen to the Ten Percent Happier Podcast with Dan Harris.
Learn how to train your mind to be ten percent happier. Check out this YouTube video
More Posts You Would Like
Great Gifts for Your Husband He’ll Actually Use
What Being a Work at Home Mom Looks Like
Best Gift to Give this Season is the Gift of Home
Toddler + Mommy Approved SurfSweets Organic Treats!
Best Buy Hosts Open House to Showcase Latest in Home Appliances
Best Self Help Books to Read This Year
How Organizing Your Garage Can Change Your Life
How to Plan the Perfect Picnic with No Cooking or Clean-Up!
Planning for the New Year & Important Things in Life
Command Center Ideas – Get Your Whole Family Organized
Healthy Habits for the Best Year Ever!
TED Talk – How to Be Happy Everyday
I’ve been seeing The Subtle Art of Not Giving A F**k everrrryyywhere lately – it’s really gaining some traction, it must be worth a look this year! There’s a few that seem to be along the same lines (there’s a “Magical Power Of Not Giving A F**k” or something like that?), I wonder how they stack up? Thanks so much for the list! 🙂
The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F**k by Mark Manson is my all time best book.