Alcohol-free wine sounds intriguing, especially when you’ve committed to a Dry January. But how is it really? I taste-tested a few of the top alcohol free wines, and here’s what I found…..
I know we love to have a glass of wine (or three) to unwind after a long day, but sometimes we want to enjoy the taste of wine without all the alcohol. That’s where alcohol free wine comes in.
What is Dry January?
I’ve decided to try the whole dry January trend this month. Dry January is a popular trend where people choose to abstain from alcohol for the month of January as a way to reset after the indulgences of the holiday season. It’s a great way to give your body a break from alcohol and give your liver some much-needed TLC.
If you’re participating in Dry January, like me, and still want to enjoy the taste of wine, alcohol free wine is a great option. It allows you to enjoy the flavors and aromas of wine without the alcohol, making it a perfect choice for those who are looking to reset and cut back on their alcohol intake.
Alcohol-free wine is just like regular wine, except the alcohol is removed either before or after fermentation. There are a few different methods for removing the alcohol, including reverse osmosis and spinning cones. The result is a wine that has all the flavor, but with less than 0.5% alcohol content.
But why choose alcohol free wine over regular wine? Well, there are a few reasons. For one, it’s a great option for designated drivers or for those who want to enjoy a glass of wine while pregnant or breastfeeding. It’s also a good choice for those who are trying to cut back on their alcohol intake, but still want to enjoy the taste of wine.
Best Alcohol-free Wines
Now, on to the fun part – recommendations! Here are three popular brands of alcohol free wine that I’ve personally tried and can vouch for:
- Ariel Cabernet Sauvignon – This is my go-to alcohol free red wine. It has all the flavor and depth of a regular cabernet sauvignon, but without the buzz.
- Kiki Non-Alcoholic Chardonnay – If white wine is more your thing, give this alcohol free chardonnay a try. It’s crisp and refreshing, with flavors of citrus and green apple.
- Fre Alcohol-Removed Sparkling Wine – This is the perfect option for when you want to celebrate with a bottle of bubbly, but don’t want the alcohol. It has the same bubbly mouthfeel as regular sparkling wine, with flavors of green apple and white peach.
So next time you want to enjoy the taste of wine without the alcohol, give one of these alcohol free options a try. Trust me, your sober self will thank you in the morning. Cheers!
Celebrity Owned Alcohol-Free Wine and Spirit Labels
As more and more people become health-conscious and prioritize moderation in their consumption of alcohol, it’s no surprise that a number of celebrities have jumped on the bandwagon and launched their own lines of alcohol-free beverages. Here are a few examples of celebrities who have started their own alcohol-free lines:
- Zayn Malik – The former One Direction member launched his own alcohol-free beer brand called “Mind of Mine” in partnership with Budweiser. The beer is described as a “non-alcoholic malt beverage with natural flavors” and comes in three flavors: lemon and lime, blood orange, and peach.
- Leonardo DiCaprio – The Oscar-winning actor is known for his environmental activism, so it’s no surprise that he launched his own line of alcohol-free cocktails called “Lono.” The cocktails are made with all-natural ingredients and are meant to be a healthier alternative to traditional cocktails.
- Kate Hudson – The actress and fitness enthusiast launched her own line of alcohol-free wines called “King St.” The wines are made with organic grapes and are described as being “light, crisp, and refreshing.”
- Michael Kors – The fashion designer teamed up with Prosecco producer Marcello Lunelli to create a line of alcohol-free sparkling wines called “Kors Unwined.” The wines are made with grape juice and are meant to be a “luxurious and guilt-free indulgence.”
It’s great to see celebrities using their platforms to promote healthier alternatives to traditional alcoholic beverages. If you’re looking to cut back on your alcohol intake, these celebrity-backed alcohol-free lines are definitely worth checking out.