The side dishes are sizzling, the turkey is dressed, but what about the table? A well-styled Thanksgiving table needs the perfect centerpiece to pull it all together. From decadent florals to minimal and modern, there are lots of ways to take your table from drab to fab.
Thanksgiving is just around the corner and it’s time to start thinking about how to set the stage for a festive and stylish celebration. Whether you’re hosting a big family gathering or a small intimate dinner, the right table décor and centerpiece can make all the difference. So, let’s dive into some ideas and advice for how to decorate your Thanksgiving table with a little help from yours truly.
- Start with a Color Scheme: The first step in creating a beautiful and cohesive table is to choose a color scheme. For Thanksgiving, traditional colors like warm oranges, rich reds, and golden yellows are always a hit. You can also incorporate natural elements like deep greens and earthy browns to create a warm and inviting atmosphere.
- Mix and Match Textures: To add depth and interest to your table, mix and match different textures. Use a variety of linens, from smooth satin to rough burlap, and add in elements like woven placemats, rustic wood chargers, and plush velvet napkins.
- Set the Table: Once you have your color scheme and textures in place, it’s time to set the table. Use coordinating plates, glasses, and silverware, and don’t forget to add a pop of color with your napkin rings. You can also use place cards to add a personal touch and help guests find their seats.
- Create a Beautiful Centerpiece: The centerpiece is the focal point of your table and a great opportunity to get creative. For a traditional look, use a classic floral arrangement in shades of orange and red. You can also create a unique and festive centerpiece by using seasonal elements like pumpkins, gourds, and acorns.
- DIY Decorations: For a personal touch, try incorporating some DIY elements into your table décor. You can create simple and stylish candle holders by painting pinecones or filling glass vases with cranberries. You can also make your own place cards by writing guests’ names on leaves or cut-out pumpkins.
- Add the Finishing Touches: To complete your table décor, add some finishing touches that will bring it all together. Use twinkle lights or candles to create a warm and cozy atmosphere, and don’t forget to add a touch of greenery with fresh herbs or garlands.
By following these tips, you’ll be able to create a beautiful and stylish Thanksgiving table that will impress your guests and set the stage for a festive celebration. With a little creativity and attention to detail, you’ll be able to create a table that’s both warm and inviting.
Decorating your Thanksgiving table is a fun and creative way to set the stage for a festive celebration. Whether you prefer a traditional look or a more modern and eclectic style, there are plenty of ideas and inspiration to help you create the perfect table décor. So, get creative and have fun, because the possibilities are endless!
- Floral Arrangement in Fall Colors (top left)
- White Painted Pumpkins and Candle Centerpiece (top right)- Lush Home
- Thanksgiving Place Setting (center left)- Celebrate Mag
- Persimmon Centerpiece (center right)- Costa Kitchen
- Candles & Acorns (center left)- Pinterest
- Hurricane Glasses with Leaves (bottom left)- Pinterest
- Rustic Wooden Box Centerpiece (bottom right)- Pinterest
Follow our Pinterest page for more Holiday Ideas and Inspiration