This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BeenBooed #HalloWINE #CollectiveBias The following content is intended for readers who are 21 or older.
I'm so excited to share this fun Halloween idea with you guys! I'm loving all the spectacular spooky projects and treat ideas going around and wanted to put together something super fun especially for the mommas who are making it all happen this Halloween. Moms need a good treat too, right? After all the decorating, baking, costume making and everything else involved with getting your gang into the spirit, you mommas should be given an award or at least a little token of appreciation, like this HalloWINE basket of goodies!
I created this fun gift for my dear friend who totally deserves it. She puts in overtime making classroom treats, helping with fall fairs and decorations for Halloween. She's gonna love this surprise!
First, I wanted to give her nice bottle of wine I knew she would enjoy, so I grabbed a bottle of Robert Mondavi Private Selection Cabernet Sauvignon. It's the wine we regularly pick for our mommy night ins, and it's a personal favorite of mine so I knew it would be perfect for my HalloWINE basket. Actually, I got the idea for doing an adult You've been BOOed gift from Robert Mondavi Private Selection Cabernet Sauvignon specially marked bottles. I logged onto their website and saw lots of crafty ideas for creating a You've Been Booed gift. You can check them out here.
With the Robert Mondavi Private Selection bottle as my main gift, I added in a few more fun things. I love this “Drink Up Witches” sign, and I had to grab this awesome mini witches hat headband. I filled a few tinted wine glasses with candy corn taffy and put in my HalloWINE basket. For a little sweet treat I made some pumpkin cheesecake brownies, wrapped em' up and added them too. Finished it all off with some black roses and glitter twigs to fill in the open spaces.
Here's my delicious recipe for Pumpkin Cheesecake Brownies
For the brownies:
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ cup bittersweet chocolate pieces
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup boiling water
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
For the pumpkin cheesecake topping:
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Butter a 13X9-inch baking dish.
- Mix cocoa powder, baking soda and salt together in a bowl.
- Combine chocolate and boiling water and pour into food processor on low. Add sugar and butter, mix till smooth.
- Add in eggs, vanilla and cocoa powder.
- Grease abaking dish. Pour brownie mix into baking dish
- Make cheesecake topping by mixing cream, cream cheese and sugar in a mixer. Mix till well blended and add rest of ingredients minus the pumpkin puree.
- Stir pumpkin puree into cheesecake mix.
- Spread pumpkin cheesecake over brownie mix.
- To marble pull a fork through the brownie mix to bring the brownie to top in lines or a design.
- Bake for 40- 45 minutes.
- Allow brownies to cool completely before removing from pan.
I love how cute this basket turned out. You can make your own HalloWINE basket and get in on the You've Been BOOed fun with a friend or fellow momma in your neighborhood. Who doesn't love a great bottle of wine?
Checkout lots of ideas for creating a HalloWINE gift at Robert Mondavi's website
Find instant redeemable coupons or mail in rebates on select bottles of Robert Mondavi Private Selection Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay. There's even a cute recipe for a yummy Mummy's Mulled Wine on the back of some bottle tags.
Follow Robert Mondavi's social pages
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/robertmondavi
- Instagram: @Robertmondavi
- Twitter: @RobertMondavi