I’m excited to share with you one of my family’s all-time favorite treats – frosted sugar cookie bars! These delectable bars are a delightful twist on traditional sugar cookies, and they’re perfect for any occasion, from family gatherings to school bake sales. Plus, my boys absolutely adore these cookie bars and request them constantly.
So, let’s dive into this simple and irresistible recipe that will have your taste buds dancing with joy!
Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars
For the Sugar Cookie Bars:
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Frosting:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Food coloring (optional)
- Sprinkles for decoration (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9×13-inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. This usually takes about 2-3 minutes with an electric mixer.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, mixing until well combined. The dough will be thick and slightly crumbly, which is normal.
- Press the dough evenly into the greased baking pan, using your hands or the back of a spoon to smooth it out.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden brown. Be careful not to overbake to keep the bars soft and chewy.
- While the cookie bars cool completely, prepare the frosting. In a medium bowl, cream the softened butter until smooth. Gradually add the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract, beating until light and fluffy. Add food coloring if desired and mix until the desired color is achieved.
- Once the cookie bars have cooled, spread the frosting evenly over the top using a spatula or the back of a spoon. Feel free to get creative with the frosting design, and don’t forget to add sprinkles for an extra touch of fun!
- Allow the frosting to set for about 30 minutes before slicing the bars into squares. Enjoy the sweet indulgence!
Best Cookie Recipes
There you have it – a scrumptious recipe for frosted sugar cookie bars that will surely become a family favorite. These soft, chewy bars with a creamy frosting are simply irresistible. My boys can’t get enough of them, and I’m sure your loved ones will feel the same. So, whip up a batch of these delightful treats and watch them disappear in no time!
Remember, baking is all about creating joy and delicious memories. Enjoy the process, indulge in the sweetness, and share these frosted sugar cookie bars with those you love. xoxo