Halloween cookie ideas to bake and share with your favorite boys and ghouls! Yummy cookies, from cute and kooky to spooky. How to make them and how to decorate them…..
Halloween is the perfect time for some spooky, scary cookies! We’ve got you covered with 11 creative and frightening cookie ideas to make this Halloween season your scariest yet. From monsters to witches, these recipes are sure to creep everyone out in a good way. Whether you’re looking for something quick or want to spend more time on it, we hope that one of these designs will inspire you enough to get in the kitchen and start cooking up some treats. Happy baking!
Best Sugar Cookie Recipe for Halloween Cookies
My favorite sugar cookie recipe for holiday cookies is a homemade version that’s soft and chewy, but also crispy on the edges. This classic dough tastes great with any icing or decoration on top!
Halloween Cookies Pillsbury Recipe Style
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3-4 tablespoons buttermilk divided
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar. Beat until smooth. Add in egg and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Slowly blend the dry ingredients and wet ingredients together.
- Add 1 tablespoon of buttermilk.
- Form dough into 1 inch balls. Place on an ungreased cookie pan. Press each cookie softly to flatten slightly.
- Brush remaining buttermilk over top of each cookie.
- Sprinkle with granule sugar or sprinkles.
- Bake for 8 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes on baking pan, then transfer to a rack to cool.
Halloween Cookie Cutters
Halloween Cookie Ideas Decorating
A list of our favorite fun halloween cookie ideas
– Spooky Skull Cookies – These spooky skull cookies are made with homemade sugar cookie dough and royal icing. They’re great for Halloween and kids love the sugar skull designs.
– Monster Bars – Colorful M&M’s over frosted rice krispie treats. Add eyeballs and you’ve got a monster treat kids love to eat!
– Ghost Cookies – These simple homemade sugar cookies are decorated to look like ghosts. They’re perfectly spooky for Halloween or all year long!
– Witch Cookies Grab your broom and stir up a little Hocus Pocus! A cauldron, a cat, a potion, a hat.
– Halloween Spider Cookies – These spooky little spider cookies are a fun treat to make with the kids this Halloween season. They’re easy and look great!
– Monster Cookies – My kids love to make these cookies. Chocolate chip cookies, a little frosting and some mini-marshmallows. Super easy and super cute!
– Mummy Cookies – These mummy cookies are made with homemade sugar cookie dough, royal icing, and white candy melts to look like bandages wrapped around their body.
– Witch’s Cat Cookies – Make these witch’s cat cookies this season with just a few ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen.
Halloween Cookies on Pinterest
Checkout out tons more fun cookie ideas on our Pinterest board.