The autumn breeze, the turning leaves, and yes—the pumpkin cravings! If you’re anything like me, you’ve been eagerly awaiting pumpkin season. Today, we’re diving into one of my all-time faves: Pumpkin Crisp. Easy to make and bursting with fall flavors, it’s sure to be a hit at your next gathering.
Pumpkin Crisp Recipe
- For the Filling:
- 1 can (15 oz) pumpkin puree
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- For the Topping:
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (your choice!)
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- Whipped cream or ice cream for serving (because why not?)
- Pumpkin Base: In a mixing bowl, combine pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Mix it up until it’s smooth and creamy. Pour this mixture into a greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Crisp Time: Evenly sprinkle the yellow cake mix over the pumpkin mixture. Don’t mix it! You want those layers. Next, sprinkle on the chopped nuts. To finish off, drizzle the melted butter all over. It’ll give us that golden-brown perfection!
- Bake it Up: Pop it in the oven at 350°F for about 45-50 minutes. You’ll know it’s ready when the top is a golden brown and the aroma feels like a cozy autumn hug.
- Serve and Enjoy: Once it’s cool enough, scoop out a nice portion, and add a dollop of whipped cream or a scoop of ice cream.
Fall Dessert Ideas
And voila! The Pumpkin Crisp of your dreams. Whether you’re enjoying a slice snuggled up with a good book or serving it up at a festive gathering, this treat is bound to make your autumn even more delightful.