Valentine cookies, what could be sweeter? I love baking with my crew of cookie monsters. And they love eating cookies, so it’s a win win. Cookies are a wonderful way to share the love for Valentine’s Day. They’re great for sharing and a sweet surprise that won’t wilt away in a few days.
Personally, I’m a sucker for a soft-baked sugar cookie. I love the bakery style cookies with frosting that melt in your mouth. They’re my favorite! Chocolate chip cookies run a close second though.
How to Make Soft Baked Sugar Cookies
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- Pre-heat your oven to 350°F.
- Cover 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, mix the butter and the sugar.
- Next, add in eggs and vanilla until well mixed.
- Add in salt, baking powder and flour and mix until doughy.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove dough from fridge. Spoon out 1 tablespoon of dough for each cookie and roll into ball.
- Place cookies on cookie sheet and press to make 1/4 inch cookie. Allow 2 inches between each cookie.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until slightly golden.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
Using a whisk, combine the powdered sugar, butter, milk and vanilla until you have a smooth thick icing. Color the icing with a few drops of food coloring then mix until even in color.
More of our Favorite Cookie Recipes
Follow our Pinterest board for 100+ delicious cookie recipes
Have you Seen These Popular Posts