Disney World resorts offer guests many benefits you won't find staying at other hotels in Orlando. We've stayed at several Disney resorts and found that while each offers it's own unique experience, there's a resort to fit every family's needs.
Our friends at Global Munchkins have all the inside info on Disney vacations. I found the cutest Disney family shirts for our last Disney trip.
Here is a list of reasons why you should choose a Disney resort when planning your Disney vacation:
Extra Magic Hours
When you stay at a Walt Disney World resort you get access to extra Magic Hours with your park ticket and resort ID. Extra Magic Hours mean you have either early access to the park before it opens to the public or after hours access to the park after it closes. Avoid the long lines, ride the most popular rides and enjoy Disney parks minus the crowds.
Guests staying at select Walt Disney World Resort hotels can also enjoy “Extra” Extra Magic Hours exclusively in Pandora – The World of Avatar from 11:00 PM to 1:00 AM, May 27 to July 4, 2017.
See our sneak peek look at Pandora- The World of Avatar
Early Access to FastPass+ and Planning Disney World Vacations.
Stay at a Disney Resort and you'll have early access to reserve shows and attractions up to 60 days before arrival. Link your theme park tickets to your Disney reservation and you can start making reservations for FastPass+ selections, restaurants, shows and more through the My Disney Experience mobile app.
Save time and avoid waiting in lines by using FastPass+ to reserve a spot on rides you want to experience. Score a reservation at a popular character dining restaurant so your little one can meet Mickey and the gang. Early access means you'll get to experience more magical moments and less frustration.
A few of our favorite Disney World rides you don't want to miss:
- Seven Dwarf's Mine roller coaster. This thrilling roller coaster ride takes you and down hills, around quick turns and into the dark as you get a glimpse of the dwarfs working away as they dig, dig, dig, dig and whistle away. (Magic Kingdom)
- Haunted Mansion. I was four-years old when I rode this ride and I still remember the ghost that sat on top of my head at the end. This not-too-spooky ride is a classic that still delights all ages. (Magic Kingdom)
- Avatar Flight of Passage. I was lucky enough to get to experience this ride on a recent Disney media trip before it officially opens to the public May 27th. It's amazing! Truly something you've never experienced before and absolutely must while you're at Disney World. It's pure virtual reality brought to life as you fly across Pandora on the back of a mountain banshee. (Animal Kingdom)
- Na'vi River Journey. Another soon to be open to the public part of Pandora, the Na'vi River ride takes you on a journey through a bioluminescent rainforest filled with glowing plant life and ending with a spiritual encounter with a sacred shaman. (Animal Kingdom)
- Frozen. We loved this ride! It's a musical adventure filled with all your favorite Frozen characters and the latest technology and special effects. It's impossible not to want to sing along and feel your heart soar when Elsa breaks into “Let it go!” (Epcot)
- Soaring. Take flight on a trip around the world! Feel the wind hit your face, smell the Sahara desert and the ocean tropics, watch the Eiffel tower light up the sky. (Epcot)
- Toy Story Midway Mania. We all had fun on this 4-D adventure through the world of Toy Story. This interactive ride let's you take aim and fire away at carnival style targets featuring the characters from Toy Story. (Hollywood Studios)
Complimentary Transportation and Parking
When you stay at a Disney World Resort your transportation needs are covered from the moment you arrive at the airport in Orlando. Arrange for transportation from the airport aboard Disney's Magical Express service. Travel throughout Walt Disney World via motor coach, ferry boat or monorail.
We love riding the monorail! And getting to the parks from your resort is easy and convenient via the buses that are readily available to take you to and fro.
Parking is also free for guests of Disney resorts. Standard parking throughout the theme parks, water parks, Disney Springs and hotel areas is complimentary for resort guests.
Experience the Magic of Disney Right Where You Stay
Don't let the Disney magic disappear when you leave the parks. When you stay at a Walt Disney World Resort you'll experience the wonder and magic of Disney throughout your vacation. Every Disney resort offers uniquely themed accommodations with the same attention to detail and excellent service that is the Disney standard.
Kids will love the themed pools and fun activities offered at Disney hotels. Character dining experiences and Disney themed rooms make your stay even more memorable and magical, something they will never forget.
With plenty of options from Value resorts to Deluxe, there's a Disney Resort to fit every budget. With 25 different resorts there's a property that's a perfect fit for whatever your family's needs may be.
Choosing a Disney World Resort to Fit Your Budget and Needs
- Disney's All-Star Movies Resort
- Disney's All-Star Music Resort
- Disney's All-Star Sports Resort
- Disney'S Art of Animation Resort
- Disney's Pop Century Resort
- The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
- Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney's Port Orleans Resort- French Quarter or Riverside
- The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort
- Disney's Contemporary Resort
- Disney's Grand Floridian Resort
- Disney's Polynesian Resort
- Disney's Wilderness Lodge
- Disney's Yacht Club Resort
- Disney's Boardwalk Inn
- Disney's Beach Club Resort
- Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge
When you stay at a Disney resort you'll have easy, convenient access to a whole list of Disney dining options. From quick service meals to fine dining and everything in between, Disney resort guests are always a short stroll away from enjoying incredible meals any time of day. Have breakfast with Mickey and Minnie, grab lunch on the boardwalk or dine with a princess and enjoy a royal feast.
Disney Themed Rooms
Only at a Disney resort can you sleep in a bed that's fit for a princess with twinkling lights above your pillow or see giraffes roaming just outside your window overlooking a savanna. Cruise into Radiator Springs and check-in to a family suite with your favorite Cars characters or sleep “under the sea” with Ariel and friends. Disney resorts offer many magical themed rooms that will delight guests of all ages.Royal Guest Rooms at Disney's Port Orleans Riverside Resort
Magic Bands make your family vacation more convenient and easy to enjoy all that Disney has to offer. Choose a color and customize your Magic Band, then use it to unlock your hotel room, enter theme parks and water parks linked to your admission, charge food and merchandise, connect to PhotoPass images and check in at FastPass+ attractions.
You want to make the most of your Disney vacation, so why waste time traveling to and from the parks from far away destinations. Stay at a Walt Disney Resort and you'll be right in the middle of all the magic. See a map of Disney World
Disney Kids Clubs and Kids Activities
Disney resorts offer several children’s programs to keep kids entertained. Potty-trained children ages 3–12 can have fun at one of the Disney “clubs” hosted by several Disney resorts while adults enjoy a few hours away.
Special Offers, Deals and Discounts
You can take advantage of some pretty sweet deals and offers featured throughout the year when you choose a Disney resort for your vacation. From dining plan deals and discounted packages to special rates on park admission, there's always a way to make staying at a Disney World resort work for your budget. Check out Disney Vacation Deals and Specials to see the current list of offers.
Thank you Disney for allowing us to “be your guest” and enjoy the benefits of staying at a Walt Disney World resort. I received complimentary accommodations for the purpose of writing this post, all thoughts and opinions are my own.