Disney BoardWalk Inn at Walt Disney World – I was recently invited to spend a few days at Disney’s BoardWalk Resort for a media event with our friends at Walt Disney World® Resort to explore more of the magic that Disney has added for families to enjoy. A big thank you to Walt Disney World for sponsoring this content so that we can share it with you. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Stepping into the BoardWalk Inn is like wandering into another era, you feel as if you’ve just waltzed right into all the elegance and glamor of 1940’s Atlantic City. Open the doors to the lobby and you’re immediately greeted with all the details and grandeur, from the gilded horse chandelier above to the vintage carousel and miniature roller coaster that sits amid the antique sofas and sitting areas.
The BoardWalk Inn is just steps away from Epcot and a short walk to Disney’s Hollywood Studios. It’s convenient location makes it great for families who want to visit the parks and also have quick access to their hotel without traveling far. Staying at a Disney resort that is close to the parks is especially helpful when you are traveling with a small child. You can take a mid-day break to nap and recharge without losing a lot of vacation time waiting for transportation.
Standard rooms can accommodate up to 5 people. Our room was spacious enough for a family to be quite comfortable with the added convenience of a full kitchen plus washer and dryer. I was extra impressed with the large soaking tub and I liked the separate bathroom with a large walk-in shower.
Kids will love the carnival themed Luna Park pool featuring a clown coaster slide and elephants splashing water.
During the day guests can relax on the grand balcony overlooking the courtyard lawn and enjoy the scenic waterside view. Or take a stroll along the Boardwalk and do some shopping. The Boardwalk offers more shopping, dining and entertainment options than many other Disney resorts.
Things to Do at Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- Rent a surrey bike (2 person, 4 person or 6 person) and go for a ride around the promenade
- Shop for exclusive BoardWalk Inn gifts, trinkets and souvenirs at the The Screen Door General Store, Disney’s Character Carnival and Thimbles & Threads.
- Grab coffee and something sweet at the Boardwalk Bakery and sit by the water.
- Watch street performer acts entertaining crowds with magic tricks, miming and acrobatic fetes.
- Enjoy ice cream or carney style treats while you pop a squat on the unbelievably realistic faux grass courtyard lawn
- Sip on “enchanting elixirs” and “curious concoctions” at the AbracadaBAR while you browse the collection of magician’s memorabilia in every little nook
- Sing along to all your favorite tunes at Jellyrolls Piano Bar
- Kick up your heels at the Atlantic Dance Hall nightclub
Disney BoardWalk Resort Dining Options
- BoardWalk Bakery – Coffee, baked goods, espresso, small bites.
- Trattoria al Forno- authentic Italian restaurant offering traditional pasta dishes and Italian fare
- ESPN Club- sports themed bar and restaurant that serves lunch and dinner
- Flying Fish Cafe- Dinner only contemporary American restaurant serving seafood, prime steaks and gourmet meals.
- Big River Grille and Brewing Works- Micr0-brew bar and restaurant offering American pub fare and craft beers
- Pizza Window- pizza by the slice or order a whole pie
- Leaping Horse Libations- pool side cafe serving drinks, sandwiches and hotdogs
In the morning we grabbed breakfast from the BoardWalk Bakery which offers a breakfast platter, breakfast sandwiches, muffins and other delicious baked goods as well as coffee drinks.
Later in the evening we made our way over to the Abracadabar to sample a few libations before dinner. Prepare to be hypnotized by this watering hole reminiscent of the Golden Age. Rich burgundy and gold, ornate details and magicians props fill every corner of your eye. Mixologists practice their own slight of hand while creating specialty cocktails that seem to magically disappear.
After enjoying our cocktails we made our way to the Flying Fish, an upscale American-style restaurant that serves seafood, steak and more. Walking in you can’t help but notice the stylish decor above, the open kitchen and the sophisticated vibe. This is the place to go if you want to enjoy a nice dinner, a few glasses of wine and great food.
I had the plancha-seared Hokkaido scallops and they were absolutely amazing. Perfectly seared and plated with the most delicious grits I’ve ever tasted.
Disney World Secrets
Wanna know where to find gluten free churros at Walt Disney World? Our friends at All for the Memories share the spot.
Disney’s BoardWalk Inn is a Deluxe Resort
located at 2101 North Epcot Resorts Boulevard
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830-8442
[tps_header][/tps_header][tps_title]Click to see more pics of Disney’s BoardWalk Inn [/tps_title]