Creamy Mac and cheese is one of those classic comfort foods that never gets old. As a food blogger, I’ve tried countless variations of this classic dish, but I always come back to this recipe for creamy mac and cheese. It’s rich, indulgent, and perfect for any occasion – from a cozy weeknight dinner to a holiday feast. Trust me, your taste buds will thank you for this one!
Creamy Mac and Cheese Recipe
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Cook the macaroni according to package instructions until al dente.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour to create a roux and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Slowly whisk in the milk, stirring constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
- Cook the mixture for 5-7 minutes, or until it has thickened and is bubbling.
- Add the shredded cheddar cheese to the saucepan and stir until it has melted and is fully incorporated.
- Add the sour cream, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder to the saucepan and stir until everything is well combined.
- Drain the macaroni and add it to the saucepan, stirring until the macaroni is fully coated in the cheese sauce.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!
This recipe for creamy mac and cheese is the ultimate comfort food. The combination of melted cheddar cheese and creamy sour cream creates a rich and indulgent sauce that perfectly coats each and every noodle. Plus, it’s incredibly easy to make – you can have it on the table in under 30 minutes!
Best Side Dish Recipes
This dish is also incredibly versatile – you can serve it as a side dish with roasted chicken or pork chops, or even as a main course on its own. And if you’re feeling adventurous, you can even add some bacon, breadcrumbs, or other toppings to take it to the next level. Trust me, once you try this recipe for creamy mac and cheese, you’ll never go back to the boxed stuff again.\
Pin this recipe and follow our Pinterest page