If your house is anything like mine, you know the drill: the kids come home from school and it’s like a mini tornado hits the fridge. They’re hungry and on a snack hunt! Well, I’ve got a super easy and fun solution: an After-School Snackle Box! This is also perfect for road trips, picnics, or anytime you’re in the mood for a variety of tasty snacks.
Snackle Box Time
First things first, you’ll need a plastic organizer with divided spaces. You can find these at any craft store or even use a tackle box. The compartments make it super easy to sort all the snacks.
Snackle Box Ideas
Alright, now for the fun part—filling the box! Here are some of my go-to snacks to include:
- Pretzels: A crunchy classic.
- Cheese: Those little cheese cubes or sticks are perfect.
- Crackers: Can’t go wrong with these.
- Goldfish: My kids’ fave!
- Fruit Snacks: For when you need something sweet.
- Cookies: A few mini cookies won’t hurt.
- Fresh Fruit: Grapes or apple slices work great.
- Veggies: Baby carrots or cucumber slices for a healthy crunch.
- Meat Sticks & Beef Jerky: For some protein power.
- Dried Fruit: Think raisins or dried cranberries.
- Nuts & Trail Mix: A little variety here adds some fun!
Charcuterie for Kids, and Adults too!
The best part about the Snackle Box is that it’s super convenient. When the kids get home, they can just grab the box and pick what they want. It’s like their own mini buffet! Plus, this keeps them from tearing apart the fridge. And hey, it even teaches them a bit about portion control.
Road Trip Snacks
I mentioned this earlier, but these Snackle Boxes aren’t just good for after school. They’re awesome for road trips (way better than gas station snacks), picnics, or really anytime you need a bunch of snack options in one handy place.
Snackle Box Container
I found Greenridge Farm meats and cheeses while shopping at Costco one weekend. We tried them and loved them! The beef snack sticks come in a few flavor varieties. If you like spicy stuff, then you’ll love the Spicy Chili Snack Sticks. I cut these up and add them to our football party meat and cheese boards and they’re a big hit!