New Year Cou ntdown ideas for celebrating the year ahead!
New Year’s Eve is a time for celebration and looking forward to the year ahead. One fun way to mark the occasion is by counting down the final moments of the old year and welcoming in the new one. Whether you’re spending the evening with kids, friends, or at home alone, there are plenty of ways to make the countdown to the New Year special. Here are five ideas to get you started:
- Create a DIY countdown clock. This is a great activity for kids or anyone who enjoys getting crafty. All you need is a cardboard box, some paper, scissors, and a marker. Cut out numbers from the paper and glue them to the front of the box, starting with the number 10. As each minute passes, have someone remove a number from the box until the final number – “1” – is removed at midnight. You can also add fun embellishments to the box, such as sparkly streamers or confetti.
- Host a virtual party with friends. With the pandemic still ongoing, many people are opting for virtual celebrations this year. Set up a video call with your friends and plan some fun activities to do together over the internet. You could play games, do a virtual toast, or even have a dance party. Just make sure to set a reminder for the countdown so you can all ring in the New Year together.
- Make a festive snack or drink. Food and drinks are always a key part of any celebration, so why not get creative with your New Year’s Eve treats? You could make a batch of sparkling cider or champagne cocktails, or whip up some delicious appetizers or desserts. Some ideas might include chocolate-covered strawberries, mini quiches, or a cheese and charcuterie board.
- Have a movie marathon. If you’re looking for a more low-key way to spend the evening, consider curling up with some of your favorite films. Choose a few movies that you’ve been wanting to watch, or pick a theme such as romantic comedies or action films. Don’t forget the popcorn!
- Do a reflective activity. The New Year is a time for reflection and setting goals for the future. Consider taking some time to reflect on the past year and think about what you’d like to accomplish in the year ahead. You could write down your thoughts in a journal, create a vision board, or take a quiet walk and think about the changes you’d like to make.
No matter how you choose to count down to the New Year, the most important thing is to have fun and celebrate with those you love. Whether you’re with a group of friends or at home solo, there are plenty of ways to make the occasion special. Happy New Year!
Follow our Pinterest page for more ideas and inspiration!