Memorial Day Party Ideas, we’ve rounded up lots of fun memorial day food recipes and memorial day decorations so you can celebrate the unofficial start of summer in style!
Memorial Day Food Ideas
One of the best things about Memorial Day celebrations is all the tasty food. From backyard barbecues to delicious desserts and covered dishes, good eatin’ goes hand in hand with this holiday. Here are a few classic crowd pleasing recipes:
- Burgers – This juicy burger recipe is a classic that you can’t go wrong with. If you want to kick it up a notch and get crazy with your burger grillin’ then check out these unique burger recipes.
- Hotdogs- Because nothings better than a good hotdog on a hot summer day. Well, maybe a burger and a hotdog.
- Baked Beans- We love this southern favorite recipe for baked beans.
- Coleslaw – A creamy side dish that does the whole plate right. Try this yummy coleslaw recipe.
- Corn- Creamed corn, confetti corn, corn pudding or corn on the cob.
- Dip – It’s the party food that everyone can’t get enough, so make plenty! We love this recipe for crack dip.
- Pasta Salad – If you’re bringing a covered dish that you don’t need to worry about keeping warm, this is perfect. Try this Mediterranean Pasta Salad recipe, or this Creamy Bacon and Pea Pasta Salad.
Memorial Day Decorations and Party Fun
Memorial Day Dessert Ideas
My sweet tooth couldn’t write this post without sharing a few delicious dessert ideas for your Memorial Day celebration. Here in the south, it’s just not a party unless someone brings a pie….
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie – a little sweet, a little tart and a whole lot of yummy! Get the recipe here
- Brown Sugar Peach Crumble Pie– Everyone loves a nice peach pie and this one takes tasty to new levels.( recipe)
- Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries – Red berries filled with cream cheese over a bowl of blueberries. Super easy to make.
Americana all the way! Red white and blues bring out the spirit of celebrating the USA. Show your patriotic pride by hanging up a flag or display flag artwork. Dress up the table with painted mason jars and some pretty flowers in the same color scheme. String up a banner of Stars and Stripes by streaming red, white and blue streamers and star cutouts.
Click on the links above to shop for Memorial Day decor.
Memorial Day Cocktails
Summer weekends were made for sipping on something sweet and refreshing. I love enjoying a good summer cocktail to help cool off when it starts to heat up outside.
This Salute to Summer Sangria is super easy to make. You can mix up a big batch and let it chill in the fridge overnight.
Salute to Summer Sangria Recipe
- 1 (750-mL.) bottle white wine (I like to use Sauvignon blanc, but any wine you choose will work)
- 1 (12-oz.) can seltzer
- 1 c. Pineapple juice
- 1/2 c. brandy
- 1/4 c. granulated sugar
- 2 cups of strawberries, sliced
- 1 pineapple cut into shapes
- 1 c. blueberries
- 2 apples cut into shapes or diced
Pinterest Memorial Day Party Ideas
Pin these ideas to save for later, and be sure to follow @frostedevents on Pinterest for more ideas.