High cheekbones have long been regarded as a coveted feature in the world of beauty, associated with attractiveness, sophistication, and glamour. Throughout history, high cheekbones have been admired and desired by many. In this blog post, we’ll explore what defines this facial feature and why they’re considered so desirable, and how you can achieve the look with makeup, fillers, or surgery. We’ll also highlight several celebrities known for this look.
Defining High Cheekbones:
High cheekbones are defined by the prominent, curved area of the face beneath the eyes and the apple of the cheeks. They create a more angular and sculpted appearance, often considered a sign of beauty and youth. Individuals with elevated cheek bones typically have a wider space between the cheekbone and the lower jawline, creating a more defined facial structure.
The allure of high cheekbones dates back to ancient civilizations, where they were considered a sign of nobility, power, and beauty. In many cultures, well-defined cheek lines have been associated with strength, intelligence, and even fertility. They are often considered a symbol of youth, as the face naturally loses volume and definition with age. They can also create the appearance of symmetry and balance, which are commonly linked to attractiveness.
Celebrities with High Cheekbones:
Throughout history and even in today’s celebrity culture, high cheekbones have been a standout feature for many famous faces. Some notable celebrities with high cheekbones include:
- Angelina Jolie
- Keira Knightley
- Halle Berry
- David Bowie
- Naomi Campbell
- Natalie Portman
- Tom Cruise
Achieving the Look with Makeup:
Enhancing your cheekbones with makeup is an easy and non-invasive way to create the illusion of high cheekbones. To achieve this look:
- Apply a matte bronzer or contour shade beneath your cheekbones, following the hollows of your cheeks.
- Blend the contour shade upwards towards your temples for a more natural effect.
- Apply a highlighter on the highest points of your cheekbones to accentuate their prominence.
- Use a blush on the apples of your cheeks, blending upwards towards your temples to create a lifted effect.
Aesthetic Procedures for High Cheekbones:
For those interested in more permanent or dramatic results, there are aesthetic procedures available to create the appearance:
- Dermal Fillers: Non-surgical injections of hyaluronic acid or other filler materials can add volume and definition, creating a more sculpted appearance.
- Cheek Implants: Surgical implants made from silicone or other biocompatible materials can be placed directly on the cheekbones to create a more prominent, defined look.
- Fat Grafting: This procedure involves harvesting fat from another part of the body and injecting it into the cheeks to add volume and lift.
High cheekbones have been a symbol of beauty and allure throughout history, and their timeless appeal continues to captivate people today. Whether you choose to enhance with makeup techniques or consider aesthetic procedures, there are plenty of options available to help you achieve this coveted look.
Pin this for later and follow our Pinterest page for more beauty tips and inspiration