Packing lunches for kids can be a challenge, especially if you’re trying to come up with new and interesting ideas that will keep them from getting bored. Here are 23 easy lunch ideas for packing kids’ lunches that are sure to be a hit:
Easy Lunch Ideas for Kids
- Peanut butter and jelly sandwich – This classic lunchtime favorite never goes out of style. Try switching up the bread or the type of nut butter to keep things interesting.
- Turkey and cheese wrap – Wraps are a great option because they’re easy to eat and can be filled with a variety of ingredients. Try adding lettuce, tomato, and mayo to your turkey and cheese wrap for a tasty and satisfying lunch.
- Grilled cheese sandwich – Grilled cheese sandwiches are a favorite with kids of all ages. Try adding a slice of ham or tomato for a little extra flavor.
- Pasta salad – Pasta salad is a great way to use up leftovers and it’s easy to pack in a container. Try adding some diced vegetables, protein (like chicken or tofu), and a flavorful dressing to keep things interesting.
- Hummus and veggie wrap – Hummus and veggies make a tasty and healthy combination in a wrap. Try using a variety of vegetables like carrots, bell peppers, and cucumbers for a crunchy and satisfying lunch.
- Tuna salad sandwich – Tuna salad is a protein-packed option that’s easy to make and pack. Try adding some diced celery and onion for extra crunch and flavor.
- Quesadilla – Quesadillas are a fun and easy lunch option that kids love. Simply fill a tortilla with cheese and your choice of filling (such as chicken, beans, or vegetables) and grill until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is crispy.
- Hard-boiled eggs – Hard-boiled eggs are a protein-packed and portable lunch option. Try packing them with a side of crackers or a piece of fruit for a balanced meal.
- Greek yogurt with fruit and granola – Greek yogurt is a great source of protein, and it can be topped with fruit and granola for a tasty and satisfying lunch.
- PB&J sushi rolls – Give the classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich a fun twist by rolling it up like sushi. Simply spread peanut butter and jelly on a tortilla, roll it up tightly, and slice into bite-sized pieces.
- Ants on a log – Ants on a log is a fun and healthy snack that’s easy to pack for lunch. Simply spread peanut butter on a celery stick, top with raisins, and you’re good to go.
- Apple slices with cheese slices – This simple and tasty combo is a hit with kids. Pack a few slices of cheese with some apple slices for a healthy and satisfying lunch.
- Turkey and avocado roll-ups – These roll-ups are easy to pack and filled with protein and healthy fats. Simply spread a slice of turkey with some mashed avocado, roll it up, and slice into bite-sized pieces.
- Veggie sticks with ranch dip – Veggie sticks are a healthy and portable snack that kids love. Pack a few with a small container of ranch dip for dipping.
- Chicken salad sandwich – Chicken salad is a tasty and protein-packed option for lunch. Mix diced chicken with some mayo and diced vegetables, and spread it on bread for a satisfying sandwich.
- Mini pizzas – These mini pizzas are easy to make and pack for lunch. Simply top English muffins with tomato sauce, cheese, and your choice of toppings, and bake until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Caprese skewers – These skewers are a fun and easy way to pack a healthy lunch. Simply thread cherry tomatoes, mozzarella balls, and basil leaves onto skewers for a tasty and visually appealing lunch.
- Quiche muffins – Quiche muffins are a convenient and tasty option for lunch. Simply mix together some eggs, cheese, and your choice of fillings (such as vegetables or meat), and bake in a muffin tin for portable and delicious muffins.
- Falafel bites – Falafel is a tasty and protein-packed option for lunch. Simply pack some falafel bites with some hummus and veggies for dipping for a satisfying and healthy meal.
- Black bean and corn salad – This salad is a healthy and flavorful option for lunch. Mix together some canned black beans, corn, diced bell peppers, and a flavorful dressing for a tasty and protein-packed salad.
- BBQ chicken and rice bowl – This bowl is a filling and flavorful lunch option. Simply pack some cooked rice with diced BBQ chicken and your choice of vegetables for a tasty and satisfying meal.
- Baked sweet potato with toppings – Sweet potatoes are a healthy and tasty option for lunch. Bake one and pack it with your choice of toppings, such as cheese, beans, and salsa, for a satisfying and protein-packed meal.
- Green smoothie in a thermos – Green smoothies are a great way to pack in some vegetables and fruit in a convenient and portable way.
Checkout our PINTEREST page for more ideas and inspiration