This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Post Consumer Brands. All opinions are entirely my own.
We eat a LOT of cereal! It’s the big breakfast go-to in our house and any other time of day. My son loves to snack on cereal, and my husband will make a bowl (or two!) for dinner fairly often. So I’ve been trying out some new ways to get creative in the kitchen with my family’s favorite cereals.
I just finished stocking up the pantry last week so we’d be all ready for back to school. Making meals on the fly is much easier when you’ve got everything organized and ready to grab and go. My Food Lion trip was one of the more epic ones, but I managed to get a whole list of snacks and foods for meal prepping. Now I can stock up our freezer with slow cooker meals and batch recipes so feeding my hungry boys will be simple and easy. I grabbed up a bunch of these Malt-O-Meal® bagged cereals, they’re so good! My son really loves the S’Mores flavor and the Cinnamon Toasters is my husband’s jam. We also really enjoy Golden Puffs. They have 34 tasty varieties to choose from and they’re a great value, so you can spend less and get more. And with the in-store Catalina offer you save even more money. I like that!
Easy Cereal Hacks Kids Will Love!
So for my first cereal hack I made something my little monkey would love! This yummy snack is super easy to make and will satisfy any craving for something sweet. You can whip up a single serving dessert or make a quick snack when all the neighborhood kids show up in your kitchen after school.
How to Make S’Mores Crunch Pudding Snacks
- Malt-O-Meal S’Mores Cereal
- chocolate pudding cups
- marshmallow creme fluff
- Spoon out a half of the chocolate pudding in each cup. Place in a side bowl
- Layer a couple of spoons of marshmallow creme on top of the half full pudding cups
- Top with cereal and serve
And this next cereal hack I created is great for breaking up a boring breakfast routine. It’s all cinnamon apple awesomeness and Greek yogurt protein, a great way to start the day!
How to Make Apple Cinnamon Crunch Yogurt Bowls
- One cup of plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup sliced or diced apples
- 1/2 cup of Malt-O-Meal Cinnamon Toasters Cereal
- Add one cup of yogurt to a medium sized bowl
- Top with apples
- Pour cereal over top and serve
Save some extra cash with these in-store Catalina offer at Food Lion (ends on 9/30/16)
- Buy 1 MOM Brand Cereal get a $1 off 2 MOM Brand cereals on your next shopping purchase.
- Buy 2 MOM Brand Cereal get a $1.5 off 3 MOM Brand cereals on your next shopping purchase.
- Buy 3 MOM Brand Cereal get a $2 off 4 MOM Brand cereals on your next shopping purchase.
- Buy 4+ MOM Brand Cereal get a $2.5 off 5+ MOM Brand cereals on your next shopping purchase.
Check out a few of the Malt-O-Meal bagged cereal flavors:
- Apple Zings
- Berry Bunch Crunch
- Berry Colossal Crunch
- Blueberry Mini Spooners
- Coco Dyno Bites
- Coco Roos
- Corn Burst
- Corn Flakes
- Frosted Flakes
- Fruity Dyno-Bites
- Honey Buzzers
- Honey Graham Toasters
- Peanut Butter Cups
- Raisin Bran
- Raisin Bran Clusters
- Tootie Fruities
With 34 varieties, I can think up dozens of delicious cereal hacks. What would you mash up to make your own cereal hack? Share your ideas in the comments or on our Facebook page. .
Pin this for later…