This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SimplySpecialMeals #CollectiveBias
I'm excited to share with you some ideas for throwing a fabulous fall dinner party with the new Barber Foods Stuffed Chicken Breasts. I recently hosted a little get together with friends to enjoy the awesome weather, good company and the watch some fall tv favorites. I'll show you how easy it is to pull together a great meal your guests will love, from dinner menu to decorating the table.
For our dinner party menu we are having Stuffed Chicken Cordon Bleu with Hasselback Potatoes, Green Beans and Pumpkin Dinner Rolls.
First things first, I made my shopping list and grabbed some things from Walmart. I love the Barber Stuffed Chicken Breasts and wanted to try their new recipe. I found them in the freezer section. You'll notice that the new packaging is a lot better and brighter. I picked up the six count box of Cordon Bleu, and a box of the Stuffed Broccoli and Cheese so I'd have something on hand for a quick family dinner later on.
Here's my shopping list for this easy dinner menu:
- Barber Stuffed Chicken Breasts, Chicken Cordon Bleu 6 count box
- Bag of green beans
- 6 Golden or Yellow Potatoes
- 1 bag of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 block of parmesan cheese
- stick butter
- refrigerated can of croissant rolls
- can of pumpkin puree
And here are some things you might want to add if you don't have on hand
- olive oil
- almond slivers (to dress up the green beans)
- dried cherries (for green beans)
- parsley (just a pretty garnish)
- brown sugar
- sour cream
- spring onion or chives
- medium white pumpkins
- fall mums
- candle votive holders in metallic brown or gold
- burlap for table cover
- plaid table runner or accent piece
- tan cloth napkins
Now that you'v got everything you need, let's get started.
First, cook the Barber chicken breasts according to the box directions. Be sure to cook to an internal temperature of 165 degrees. Use a meat thermometer to check.
Now you'll need to make the potatoes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Scrub your potatoes in water and then dry
- Slice your potatoes about 3/4 of the way through
- Slice a stick of butter and slice thin slices of your parmesan cheese block
- Put a slice of butter in the potato slice, then a slice of parmesan in the next open potato slice, alternating
- Place your potatos on a baking sheet or dish and drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle some salt on each potato.
- Bake for 50 minutes
- Pull potatoes out and sprinkle cheddar cheese over each potatoe. Use a fork to stuff some of the cheddar into the potato slices
- Bake for 10 more minutes
- Remove from oven
You can add some sour cream to your potatoes or set aside in a dish. I added a little bit of chopped green onion to mine.
Pumpkin Dinner Rolls
- Preheat oven according to instructions on croissant package
- Take a piece of croissant dough and fold it as you would normally
- Pinch the two ends together forming a bun. Pinch the middle to form a stem
- Bake according to instructions
- Mix 3 Tbsp of butter with 1 Tbsp of brown sugar and 2 Tbsp of pumpkin puree, whip with fork till smooth
- Brush rolls with your pumpkin sugar butter or serve on the side
Green Beans with Almonds and Dried Cherries
- Steam green beans in a steamer pan on stove or in microwave
- Add green beans to a sautee pan over low heat
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper
- Add a handful of cherries to pan
- Sautee over low for three minutes
- Remove from heat and sprinkle almond slivers over green beans
Now, let's set a pretty table. I used a light tan table cover and a plaid table runner I found at Walmart. For centerpiece I set out some pretty fall mums and a few white pumpkins. I love the white pumpkins, they're so classic and work with any color scheme. Added a few candle votives and a few artichoke hearts to fill in around the center. For the table setting I used my classic go-to white dinner plates with a festive brown plate holder also found in the Walmart seasonal section. I made these little happy fall prints and placed those over tan napkins.
My dinner party was a big success! Everyone raved over the meal, especially how crisp and tasty the chicken was. I agree, I loved the original and somehow Barber made their new stuffed chicken breasts even better!
It's so nice to be able to get together with people I love, eat a nice meal and catch up.
You can use all my tips to recreate this party in your home and have your friends and family over for a nice fall dinner.
Click here for a coupon for Barber Stuffed Chicken Breasts
I've shared how to throw a fall dinner party with the tasty New Barber Stuffed Chicken Breasts and some delicious side recipes. For more dinner ideas follow Barber at these links