Valentines Day desserts that are sweet to share, but totally acceptable if you treat yourself! Cakes, cupcakes, cookies and more yummy dessert ideas to celebrate the LOVEliest day of the year.
I love LOVE! And I love sugar…. so Valentine’s Day is something I can really get excited about. Remember when you were a kid and you couldn’t wait to see how many valentines you got in your little homemade mailbox you brought to school.
That “awwwwwww!” feeling that swells in your heart when someone gives you a gift, that doesn’t go away with age. Everyone loves when they receive a gift, big or small. Because it’s the thought that truly counts. And the same goes for when you bake goodies and share them with friends. It’s a little warm and fuzzy that comes with a sugar rush.
Bake a batch of cupcakes. Swirl on some pink or red frosting and top with a chocolate heart.
My all-time favorite cupcake recipe is from Georgetown Cupcakes. Their Vanilla Bean Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting are unbelievably good! Recipe below…
Georgetown Cupcakes Vanilla Bean Cupcakes Recipe
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 8 Tbsp butter, at room temperature
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 2 1/4 tsp. vanilla
- seeds from 1 vanilla bean
- 1 1/4 cups milk, at room temperature
VANILLA CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- 5 1/2 Tbsp. butter, at room temperature
- 5 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 8 oz. low-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two muffin tins with cupcake wrappers.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together in a medium bowl.
- Using a stand mixer bowl, mix cream butter and sugar together for 3-5 minutes or until light and fluffy. Slowly add eggs one at a time until combined.
- Add vanilla and vanilla bean seeds to milk.
- Add 1/3 of the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and beat with stand mixer until well combined. Add 1/3 of the milk and mix thoroughly. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Pour batter into cupcake wrappers.
- Bake for 16 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean. Cool pans completely on a wire rack.
To make frosting: In the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, beat all ingredients on high speed until light and fluffy, at least three minutes.
Valentines Day Cookies
Or cutout heart shaped sugar cookies, ice them up and share. Who doesn’t love a little something sweet any day of the week!
You have to try Sallys Baking Addiction recipe for the best soft baked sugar cookies. They are even better than the grocery store ones that melt in your mouth.
Valentines Day Desserts
29 Valentines Dessert Ideas
More Posts Like This
Free Valentine’s Day Printables! Valentine’s Day Party
Michaels Valentines Day Gifts, Goodies & Decorations
Sweet Tooth- Best Brownie Recipes
Valentines Day Treats – Sweets We Love to Make and Share!
50 Design Ideas- Flirty Valentines Nails to Flaunt
Marshmallow Fluff Fruit Dip Recipe
Kitchenaid Mixer – The New Artisan Mini Makes It All
Valentine Cocktails- Raspberry Crush Sparkling Rosé Martini