I’m excited to share one of my all-time favorite comfort food recipes: Spinach Alfredo Stuffed Shells. Picture this: tender pasta shells filled with a creamy spinach and cheese mixture, baked to perfection with a luscious Alfredo sauce. It’s a dish that’s as delicious as it is satisfying.
So, put on your apron, grab your ingredients, and let’s dive into this cheesy goodness together!
Spinach Artichoke Alfredo Stuffed Shells Recipe
- 20 jumbo pasta shells
- 2 cups of fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 and 1/2 cups of ricotta cheese
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of Alfredo sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- Fresh basil leaves for garnish (optional)
- Cook the pasta shells according to the package instructions until al dente. Drain and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped spinach, ricotta cheese, mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, beaten egg, minced garlic, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and pepper. Mix well until all the ingredients are evenly incorporated.
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Take a baking dish and spread a thin layer of Alfredo sauce on the bottom.
- Stuff each cooked pasta shell with a generous amount of the spinach and cheese mixture. Place the filled shells in the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining Alfredo sauce over the stuffed shells, covering them completely.
- Sprinkle some extra mozzarella and Parmesan cheese on top for that melty goodness.
- Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 25 minutes. Then, remove the foil and bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until the cheese is golden and bubbly.
- Once done, take the dish out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes. Garnish with fresh basil leaves if desired.
- Serve these delectable Spinach Alfredo Stuffed Shells with a side salad or some garlic bread, and get ready to indulge in cheesy pasta heaven!
Tips and Variations:
- Feel free to add some cooked and crumbled bacon or diced cooked chicken to the spinach and cheese mixture for an extra protein boost.
- If you’re a fan of spice, add a pinch of red pepper flakes to the cheese mixture for a kick.
- For a vegetarian version, use vegetable broth instead of chicken broth in your Alfredo sauce.
There you have it, my fellow food enthusiasts—my mouthwatering Spinach Alfredo Stuffed Shells recipe. It’s a dish that’s sure to impress both your taste buds and your dinner guests. With its creamy filling, perfectly cooked pasta shells, and a cheesy Alfredo sauce, it’s comfort food at its finest.
So, gather your ingredients, preheat that oven, and get ready to savor each delightful bite. This recipe is a winner for weeknight dinners, potlucks, or any occasion where you crave a little cheesy goodness. Bon appétit!
Feel free to experiment with different herbs, spices, or additional ingredients to make it your own. Enjoy the process, embrace the aromas wafting through your kitchen!
Pin this dinner recipe for later and follow our PINTEREST page
The BEST Homemade Spaghetti with Sauce Recipe
Savor the Flavor: Decadent Creamy Tuscan Garlic Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomatoes and Spinach!
Delightfully Cheesy: Chicken and Broccoli Stuffed Peppers You’ll Crave!