There’s nothing quite like a refreshing, light, and healthy meal on a warm summer day. Today, I’ll be sharing my latest culinary obsession that hits all those notes – the Shrimp, Avocado & Cucumber Bowl. It’s packed with protein from the shrimp, healthy fats from the avocado, and a satisfying crunch from the cucumber. Topped off with sesame seeds, zingy lime, and fragrant cilantro, it’s a dish that’s as delicious as it is beautiful.
Keto Friendly Recipes
This Shrimp, Avocado & Cucumber Bowl isn’t just refreshing and delicious; it’s also perfect for those following a keto diet. The main ingredients — shrimp, avocado, and cucumber — are low in carbs but high in nutritional value. Shrimp are an excellent source of lean protein, while avocados provide an abundance of healthy fats — a cornerstone of the keto diet. They also contribute important nutrients like potassium, which can help meet the body’s electrolyte needs when on a low-carb regimen. Cucumbers add a satisfying crunch without loading up on calories or carbs, keeping your meal light yet filling.
The addition of sesame seeds introduces a dose of fiber, calcium, and iron. Lime juice brings in a splash of vitamin C and the fresh cilantro provides a dose of vitamin A. So not only is this dish keto-friendly, but it also contributes significantly to a balanced and nutritious diet. Enjoy this dish knowing it’s supporting your health and fitness goals while delighting your taste buds.
Shrimp Avocado Cucumber Bowl
- 1 pound of medium-sized shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 ripe avocados, diced
- 1 large cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Start by heating a tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add your shrimp and season with a little salt and pepper. Cook them until they’re pink and opaque, about 2-3 minutes per side, and then set them aside to cool.
- While your shrimp are cooling, dice your ripe avocados and cucumber into bite-sized pieces and place them in a large bowl. The creaminess of the avocado contrasts beautifully with the crunch of the cucumber, creating a symphony of textures in each bite.
- Once your shrimp are cooled, add them to the bowl with the avocado and cucumber. At this point, sprinkle your sesame seeds generously over the ingredients in the bowl. Not only do they add a satisfying crunch, but they also provide a subtly nutty flavor that pairs wonderfully with the other components of this dish.
- For the final step, chop your fresh cilantro and sprinkle it over your bowl. Then, squeeze the juice from your fresh lime over the top. The cilantro brings a fresh, herbaceous element, while the lime juice adds a tangy brightness that lifts the whole dish.
- Gently mix the ingredients together until they’re well combined and evenly coated in the lime juice. You can also drizzle a little extra olive oil over the top, if desired, for added richness.
Healthy Summer Meals
And there you have it! A delicious, refreshing, and healthy Shrimp, Avocado & Cucumber Bowl that’s perfect for a light lunch or dinner on a warm summer day. Not only is this dish easy to make, but it’s also a vibrant and beautiful addition to any table. Enjoy it as is, or pair it with a chilled glass of white wine or iced green tea for the ultimate summertime meal. Bon appétit!