There’s nothing quite like the comforting aroma of freshly baked banana walnut bread wafting through your home. This scrumptious treat is not only perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth, but it’s also a fantastic way to use up those ripe bananas sitting on your counter. I love whipping up a batch of this mouthwatering bread to share with neighbors and friends or serving it as a delightful addition to a weekend brunch.
Today, I’m going to share with you my all-time favorite banana walnut bread recipe that’s not only incredibly moist and delicious but also super easy to make. So, let’s get started!
Moist Banana Walnut Bread Recipe
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with butter or non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the granulated sugar and softened butter until light and fluffy. This step is essential for creating a tender crumb in your banana bread, so be sure to cream the mixture well.
- Add the eggs one at a time to the butter and sugar mixture, mixing well after each addition. This will help ensure that the eggs are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Stir in the mashed bananas, milk, and vanilla extract until well combined. Don’t worry if the mixture looks a bit lumpy – that’s just the bananas doing their thing!
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing just until everything is incorporated. Be careful not to overmix, as this can result in a dense, tough bread.
- Gently fold in the chopped walnuts, making sure they are evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pan, smoothing the top with a spatula.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean. If you notice the top browning too quickly, feel free to tent the bread with aluminum foil during the last 15-20 minutes of baking.
- Allow the banana walnut bread to cool in the pan for about 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
And there you have it – a heavenly, moist, and flavorful banana walnut bread that’s sure to be a hit with family and friends alike! I often like to wrap a loaf in pretty parchment paper and tie it with a ribbon, making it a thoughtful, homemade gift for neighbors or friends who could use a little pick-me-up. Trust me, they’ll be thrilled to receive such a delicious treat, and you’ll love knowing that you’re spreading a bit of baking joy.
So go ahead, gather up those ripe bananas and get ready to create a loaf of banana walnut bread that’s as heartwarming as it is scrumptious.
Pin this recipe for later and follow our PINTEREST page!