This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RecipeTwist #CollectiveBias
I’m excited to share with you the best lasagna recipe ever, classic comfort food with a twist. Hope you’ll love sharing it with your family and happy holidays!
The holidays are all about celebrating the season with family and friends, getting together to share the Christmas spirit. The city is beautiful this time of year and we have friends in town to see the sites and do some Christmas shopping so I invited them over for dinner.
Lasagna is one of my all time favorite comfort foods. What could be better than a big plate of pasta and cheese? The more cheese the better, and it’s gotta have a great sauce to blend all that deliciousness together. I wanted to make my lasagna bread recipe for our dinner party, a twist on the classic with a crusty bottom layer and a cheesy pasta top.
The key to the perfect lasagna is a great sauce, and we really love the taste of Prego. It’s the perfect balance of sweet and savory for a great homemade tasting pasta dish. I picked up a jar of Prego Traditional Italian Sauce and all the other things we needed for our dinner party at Walmart, then headed home to heat up the oven and get my lasagna going.
What’s different about this lasagna recipe is that it combines two deliciously different flavors into one plate of amazingness. The cheesy crust of bread on the bottom melds with the pasta and the savory taste of Prego.
Lasagna Bread Recipe
- 1 jar of Prego Traditional Italian Sauce
- 12 ounces of ricotta cheese
- 8 oz of mozzarella cheese shredded
- 8 of Italian blend cheese shredded
- 8 lasagna noodles
- 2 loaves of Italian bread
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- Boil lasagna noodles according to package
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Slice Italian bread into two halves
- Drizzle a 9×13 inch baking dish with a little olive oil
- Arrange the Italian bread to cover the bottom
- Sprinkle a layer of both cheeses over the bread
- Spoon a layer of sauce over the cheese
- Add a layer of pasta noodles
- Spread ricotta cheese over you noodles, then sprinkle with cheese and spoon sauce over the cheese
- Repeat to add another layer, then top with remaining cheese
- Sprinkle oregano over the cheese
- Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Let cool and serve
I’ve shared my recipe for Lasagna with a twist. Click here for more unique holiday dishes.