Drive through zoo in North Carolina, the Lazy 5 Ranch is a great place to visit if you're looking for things to do with kids in NC! Get up close with lots of animals and enjoy a real hands-on experience……
The Lazy Five Ranch Petting Zoo
Lazy 5 Ranch is located in Rowan county North Carolina
15100 Mooresville Rd, Mooresville, NC 28115
phone number (704) 663-5100
What are Lazy 5 hours?
Winter hours are Monday – Saturday:
9:00 am – One Hour Before Sunset
Sunday: 1:00 pm – One Hour Before Sunset
Holiday hours are
Christmas Eve: Regular Hours
Christmas Day: CLOSED
New Year’s Eve: Regular Hours
New Year’s Day: Regular Hours
Easter Sunday, Mother’s Day,
Father’s Day and Thanksgiving Day:
We are open Regular Hours, but do NOT offer wagon rides.
**February the zoo closes for two weeks for animal vaccinations
How much does it cost?
Entrance fee includes driving through the animal park in your own vehicle.
Adults – $11.00
Children, Ages 2-11 – $8.00
Seniors, Ages 60 – up – $8.00
Special Group Rates
(15 or more people including all ages 1 & up)
Animal Feed available for $3/bucket.
Is the Lazy 5 Ranch cash only?
YES. They do not accept credit cards.
How long does it take to drive through the whole zoo? Driving through the zoo is typically about 1.5 to 2 hours from entrance to end. Occasionally there are lines to get to the entrance, especially on holidays. Call ahead to ask before visiting.
What animals will we see when we visit?
Lots! The Lazy 5 Ranch is home to a variety of animals, including: birds, cattle, deer, elk, antelope, ratites, sheep, goats, potbellied pigs, kangaroos, camels, llamas, giraffes, horses, zebra, ostrich…. Learn about the many different species on their website.
Before You Go Tips from Moms
- Gas up the car. Waiting to enter the zoo and riding through the zoo may take awhile. Be sure you have enough gas to last.
- Make a bathroom stop before you enter. The drive can take 2+ hours and there are not areas to pull-off for a bathroom break.
- Bring sanitizer and wipes. Feeding the animals can get messy!
- Pack a drink and snacks. Again, it can take awhile to get through the zoo. If you have small kids (or hungry big kids!) they might need a snack break during the ride through.
- Don't forget cash! No credit cards are accepted
- Animals will bump your vehicle. If you aren't ok with the possibility of getting a bump or scratch from horns, this one is not for you.
Restaurants near the Lazy 5 Ranch
- Joe Fish Casual Seafood
- Alino Pizzeria
550 S Main St suite 401 Mooresville, NC 28115
Pizza, quick bites, Italian, saladsand vegetarian options. Outdoor seating area.
- Blu Star Grill
120 Market Place Ave Ste A, Mooresville NC 28117
American, Seafood and lite fare. Burgers, sandwiches, homemade chips.
- Lancaster's BBQ
515 Rinehardt Rd, Mooresville NC 28115
Pulled pork barbecue, brisket, wings, hushpuppies, fried pickles. Nascar vibe.
- Mooresville Ice Cream Co
Broad Street, Mooresville NC 28115
- Burrito Loco
391 E Plaza Dr, Mooresville NC 28115
Quick service Mexican food. Burritos, tacos, quesadillas, chips and salsa.
- Cracker Barrel
- SugarPop's Candy and Soda Shop
248 N Main St, Mooresville, NC 28115-2528
5.8 miles from The Lazy 5 Ranch
More Fun Things to Do and Family Travel Posts Like This One