Candied grapes are a fun and delicious treat that’s perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth. They’re easy to make and require just a few simple ingredients. I’m going to walk you through the steps to make your own candied grapes at home.
I love to make candied grapes as a fun and unique addition to a cheese platter. The sweetness of the grapes pairs perfectly with the salty, savory flavors of different cheeses, crackers, and nuts. The colorful, jewel-like appearance of candied grapes also makes them a beautiful and eye-catching addition to any party spread or dessert table.
They’re a delicious and unexpected treat that always impresses guests and leaves them wanting more. Whether I’m entertaining friends or just looking for a sweet snack, making candied grapes is one of my favorite ways to add a little bit of sweetness to any occasion.
How to Make Candied Grapes
- 2 cups of seedless grapes (any variety)
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup of water
- Rinse the grapes thoroughly under cold water and dry them with a paper towel. Be sure to remove any stems or debris.
- Insert a toothpick into each grape, making sure it’s secure.
- In a medium-sized saucepan, combine the granulated sugar and water. Stir the mixture over medium-high heat until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Bring the sugar syrup to a boil, stirring occasionally. Once the mixture reaches a rolling boil, reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Add the grapes to the sugar syrup, stirring gently to coat them evenly.
- Allow the grapes to cook in the syrup for 10-12 minutes, stirring occasionally. You’ll notice the syrup will thicken and become more viscous.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the grapes from the syrup and place them on a sheet of parchment paper or a wire rack to cool.
- Once the grapes have cooled, remove the toothpicks and serve them as a sweet and tasty snack.
Tips and Variations:
- You can use any variety of seedless grapes to make candied grapes. Red, green, or black grapes all work well.
- If you want to add a touch of flavor, try adding a pinch of cinnamon or nutmeg to the sugar syrup.
- To make the grapes extra shiny, roll them in granulated sugar after they’ve been coated in the syrup.
- Store leftover candied grapes in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Candied grapes are a simple and tasty treat that’s perfect for any occasion. With just a few ingredients and some easy steps, you can make your own candied grapes at home and enjoy a sweet and satisfying snack.