This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ShareFunshine #CollectiveBias This is my Summer Party story…..
I’m trying to squeeze all the fun I can out of the last few weeks of summer. Ours has been filled with sunny days at the pool, trips to the beach and lots of outdoor fun so I’ll be really sad to see it go. The one thing I’ve neglected with our busy calendar of activities is spending time with my girlfriends so I thought it would be great to have a little get together to celebrate the end of summer.
I made a cute little invite for a Sweet Summer Soiree and sent it out to my girls. Next up on my party planning list, shopping.
We’ve had a ton of backyard barbecues and grill parties, so I wanted to do something a little different and go with a simple sweets table set-up. I headed to Walmart and stocked up on all the stuff I knew everyone would love.My Summer Party Shopping List:
- M&M’s® Plain 42 oz. bag
- SNICKERS® Ice Cream Bars 6-pack
- Dr Pepper® Cherry 2-Liter
- Skittles® 14 oz.
- M&M’s® Peanut – FC Bag 42 oz.
- Dr Pepper® Vanilla Float 12-pack
- Dr Pepper® Cherry 12-pack
- Starburst® Minis Unwrapped
- Starburst® Original
- Pedigree Dentastix® Original Flavor (something for my little fur buddy Loki)
Share a Little Funshine Sweepstakes
I grabbed some mini brownies, icecream, cupcakes and cookies from Walmart too. I’m all about easy entertaining, mixing ready-made with some fun extras. Everyone loves mini desserts! They look great on a table or serving tray, guests can grab and munch while they mingle, and they’re quick to clean up. Shopping done, now it’s time to do some party prep. I made some fun printables to go along with my summer theme. Printed off the labels for my treats and cut out a few signs to decorate the table. Here’s the list of Summer Party Sweets I served:
- Brownie Sundae bites with M&M’s® Plain and a mini scoop of ice cream
- Strawberry Popsicles with Starburst® Minis Unwrapped
- Dr Pepper® Vanilla Floats made with ice cream, soda and cherries
- Cookies over M&M’s® Peanuts
- Mini Sprinkled Cupcakes in cups of Skittles®
- SNICKERS® Ice Cream Bars on a stick
- How to Make Cherry Vanilla Ice Cream Floats- 1 scoop of vanilla ice cream, slowly pour Dr Pepper® Cherry or Dr Pepper® Vanilla Float over the ice cream. Top with cherry and enjoy!
- How to Make SNICKERS® Ice Cream Bars Sticks- Get some lollipop sticks. Cut bars down the center with a sharp knife. Slowly and gently insert sticks and place on parchment paper in freezer till ready to serve.
Party Time! Summer Party Fun
I didn’t want my desserts to melt so I kept the cold stuff in the fridge/freezer and put out a table with some yummy treats. After the girls had all arrived and we had a chance to catch up I brought out some serving trays of brownie sundaes and cherry vanilla ice cream floats. They loved, loved, loved everything! Krista carrying out the Dr Pepper® Vanilla Floats. Those things were delicious and disappeared quick! Have to take some cute party selfies to share! Every summer has a story. Now just need a good hashtag for these pics. Hmmm… #serioussippingfaces #bestsummerever #sweetendwithsweetfriends Even Loki loved his treats! I made these little grab bags of goodies for the girls to take home and #ShareFunshine . Click here to download the printable tags I designed for this party
Summer Party Success!
This party was so much fun and really gave us a chance to get together and reminisce over all the memories we made this summer. I got to share some sweet moments with these lovely ladies and snap some awesome pics to add to our albums. What could be more awesome than that!
I’d love to hear your favorite ideas for making summer FUN! “Download the Blippar app from your Apple or Android store to scan your package and receive exclusive content.”(2)
Want to host your own Sweet Summer Soiree? Grab these fun free printables
(Print on white cardstock or photo paper. Use full page print setting, borderless 8.5×11 inch.)