This post is sponsored by Country Crock® Plant Butter and Country Crock® Plant Cream. All opinions are 100% mine.
I cannot tell you how excited I am that Spring has finally sprung! The days are getting longer, the flowers are blooming, and the weather is just perfect for spending time outdoors. With Easter just around the corner, I can’t wait to share a delicious new recipe I’ve been working on that’s perfect for the occasion: Cheesy Carrot Casserole with a plant-based twist!
Now, I’m sure you’re wondering what makes this casserole so special. Well, let me tell you – I’ve recently discovered Country Crock Plant Butter and Country Crock Plant Cream, and they have been absolute game-changers for my cooking and baking. These amazing products are 100% dairy-free and 100% delicious, making them perfect for me and my family. The best part? No one can even tell the difference!
Country Crock Plant Butter cooks, bakes, and tastes just like dairy butter, while Country Crock Plant Cream cooks, bakes, and whips like dairy heavy whipping cream. These fantastic products have made it so easy to incorporate more plant-based eating into our lives without sacrificing taste or cooking/baking performance.
For my Cheesy Carrot Casserole, I’ll be using Country Crock Plant Butter instead of the traditional dairy butter the recipe calls for. This simple 1:1 swap has not only given my casserole a delightful, buttery flavor, but it’s also helping me and my family use more plant-based ingredients – which is something we’ve been really focusing on lately.
Now, let me tell you a bit more about why my Cheesy Carrot Casserole is so mouth-wateringly good. The secret lies in the combination of butter crackers and the plant-based Country Crock Plant Butter. When these two ingredients come together, they create an explosion of flavor that takes this dish to a whole new level. The butter crackers add a delectable crunch and a slightly salty note that pairs perfectly with the sweet, tender carrots, while the Plant Butter adds a rich, smooth texture that makes every bite simply irresistible.
But don’t think that the goodness stops there. The Plant Butter substitute also enhances the dish by giving it that perfect, buttery taste that we all know and love. It’s hard to believe that something so delicious can be 100% dairy-free, but it’s true! The Plant Butter melts beautifully into the casserole, creating a velvety, creamy sauce that envelops each and every morsel. The result is a cozy, comforting dish that will leave you craving seconds (or even thirds!).
So, if you’re looking for a scrumptious, crowd-pleasing dish to serve this Easter, give this one a try. Trust me, your friends and family will be hopping with joy when they taste this delectable dish!
Give Country Crock Plant Butter and Country Crock Plant Cream a try in your own cooking and baking, and I promise you won’t be disappointed. These products are a fantastic way to incorporate more plant-based eating into your life. Your friends and family will never know that any ingredients have been swapped out.
Wishing you all a delightful Spring and a very Happy Easter! Add Country Crock® Plant to your cart
- 3 cups carrots, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons Country Crock Plant Butter,, softened
- 2 tablespoons yellow onions, chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 cup oat milk
- 1/2 cup vegan cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup butter crackers, crushed
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and have an 8×8-inch baking dish ready.
- Steam the sliced carrots by placing them in a steamer basket over a pot containing 1 inch of boiling water. Cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until the carrots become tender when pierced with a fork. Alternatively, you can put the carrots in a glass bowl and microwave them using the steam setting for around 4 minutes, or until they reach the desired tenderness. Set the carrots aside for later use.
- In a medium saucepan set over medium-high heat, melt 1 tablespoon of Country Crock Plant Butter. Add the chopped onion and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often, until the onion becomes soft. Incorporate the flour, garlic powder, salt, and pepper into the onion mixture.
- Slowly whisk in the milk, ensuring a smooth consistency. Continue to cook for an additional 1 minute to allow the sauce to thicken, then reduce the heat to low.
- Stir in the cheese, blending until it is fully melted. Gently fold the steamed carrots into the cheese mixture. Pour this combined mixture into the prepared baking dish, ensuring the carrots are distributed evenly.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the crushed cracker crumbs and the remaining 1 tablespoon of Country Crock Plant Butter. Evenly sprinkle this crumb mixture over the top of the casserole.
- Bake the casserole for 15 minutes, or until the topping turns a light golden brown.