Best headphones for kids – we tested out headphones to see which ones were safe and comfortable for little ears. Find out which ones we chose……..
Thank you to our friends at Lucid for providing product sample for review purposes. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
I first started shopping around for headphones when I realized I could no longer handle listening to some of the more annoying kid’s cartoons my son loves to watch on car rides. Moms, you know how it goes… Your child falls in love with a particular movie or show and has to watch it on repeat. After the 1000th time you realize you can’t stop the songs from playing in your head and you start to feel like you’re going bananas.
It was time to invest in a set of kid’s headphones so our son could continue to enjoy his terrible songs and shows and I could reclaim my sanity and a little bit of silence.
Lucid Audio makes HearMuffs for babies up to 4 years in two styles: HearMuffs, which provide hearing protection HearMuffs Sounds, which also lets a child listen to sounds and allows the ability to still hear voices while blocking potentially harmful noises. For kids ages 5-10, Lucid offers Kids HearMuffs or Kids HearMuffs Trio which plays audio when connected to an external device and also features a conversation mode that allows your child to hear you speaking while actively keeping harmful sounds out.
Best Headphones for Kids
A few reasons why we love our HearMuffs Trio...
- They are comfortable to wear with an adjustable headband that’s made for comfort and protection. Plus, they are made with non-toxic, kid safe material.
- HearMuffs are Audiologist recommended too! These HearMuffs feature an industry leading 22 Noise Reduction Rating (NRR.) That means they will protect their ears from not only painful, but also loud noises. So you can use them to protect little ears from loud events like concerts, movies, fireworks and arena events.
- 2 Protection Modes -Conversation Mode allows comfortable sound levels so your child can hear you speaking while keeping harmful sounds out. Passive Mode allows maximum protection with the option to listen to media simultaneously.
- Listen to music, movies, games…. HearMuffs can be used as headphones at any time and in any mode with by connecting an external device via a 3.5mm audio cable (included). No power or batteries needed. 3 AAA batteries are included for Conversation mode use when the device is not plugged in. If you want to give these headphones a try, click here to find the perfect song for your young ones.
- Volume Limiter restricts media at 70db to enure media is enjoyed safely.
Visit their YOUTUBE CHANNEL – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZdfsAnRL2kK4jLlcyxPvUg For more information or to purchase online, visit LucidAudio.com.