Apple orchard farms make for a fun day trip to add to your fall bucket list. Enjoying a beautiful fall day outdoors picking apples is an experience you can enjoy with your whole family, from the youngest to the oldest. Apples are an autumn staple everyone loves!
Many apple farms also offer fall festivities like corn mazes, hay rides, animal petting areas and farm stand faire. Check online to see what your local apple farm offers and plan an afternoon of apple picking fun!
Best Apple Picking Places Near Me
Hey google, where's an apple farm near me? The wonderful thing about smart search technology is how quickly it can bring up the best places in your area for nearly everything.
- Check to make sure the apple farm allows pick your own
- Note the days and hours before you go
- Do they require cash only for entry? Some farms do not take credit cards. Plan ahead just in case
- Will you need to bring your own basket?
- What other activities for kids do they offer? Will you need cash for those as well? Also, check to see if they offer food for purchase or if you need to pack a picnic for the day or bring snacks.
Pick your own apples
Planning to pick your own apples? Here are a few tips to make the day a success
- Dress for the occasion. Fall days can go from warm to chilly in a blink. It's good to wear layers.
- And bug spray! A day on the farm is best enjoyed bug-free. Don't forget the bug spray.
Bringing home a bucket of freshly picked apples will inspire you to whip up a whole batch of yummy recipes. Homemade apple sauce, apple butter, and of course… apple pie! Find tons of recipes here , including some of these favorites….
- Apple Fritter Bread
- Apple Crisp
- Apple Bread
- Apple Cobbler
- Apple Cake
- Apple Dumplings
- Apple Turnovers
- Apple Cookies
- Cinnamon Fried Apples
- Apple Muffins
- Crock Pot Apple Butter
- Apple Doughnuts
- Apple Hand Pies
- Baked Apples
- Apple Crumble
- Apple Fries
- Apple Spice Cake
Where to pick apples?
Apple Orchard NC
- Skytop Orchards
Pinnacle Mountain Road
Flat Rock, NC 28731
Beautiful views, a variety of apples and a barnyard full of goats, sheep, ducks, geese and more.
- Millstone Creek Orchards
506 Parks Crossroad Church Road
Ramseur, NC 27316
Millstone offers more than just apple picking. A play area for the kids with tire swings and slides to explore. And be sure to check out all the tasty offerings from fresh fruits and veggies to jellies, jams and baked goods for sale inside.
- Grandad’s Apples N’ Such
2951 Chimney Rock Road
Hendersonville, NC 28792
So much to do and see. Visit barn yard animals, ride the cow train, get some air on the giant jumping pillow. They even have a corn maze and apple cannon!
- Stepp's Hillcrest Orchard, Hendersonville
221 Stepp Orchard Drive, Hendersonville, NC, 28792
Enjoy beautiful Blue Ridge views while you pick apples. Weekends offer hayrides, pumpkin patches and hot cider from the country store.
- Lyda Farms, Hendersonville
3465 Chimney Rock Road, Hendersonville, NC, 28792
This charming farm offers a variety of u-pick options, from apples to pumpkins. Stop by the barnyard to see goats, geese, donkeys and chickens.