If you want a crowd pleasing recipe that’s perfect for summer gatherings and get togethers, this is the one: Teriyaki Chicken Pineapple Boats with Jasmine Rice. This dish is not only delicious and packed with flavor, but it’s also incredibly easy to make and perfect for a variety of occasions.
I absolutely love the combination of sweet pineapple and teriyaki chicken, it always reminds me of tropical vacations and lazy summer days. That’s why I always make sure to include this recipe in my summertime backyard barbecues. The juicy and flavorful Teriyaki Chicken Pineapple Boats with Jasmine Rice is a must-try dish that will transport you to a tropical paradise in just one bite.
Teriyaki Chicken Recipe with Pineapple
- 4 pineapple boats (halved lengthwise and hollowed out)
- 2 cups cooked jasmine rice
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a small bowl, whisk together the teriyaki sauce and cornstarch until smooth.
- In a large skillet, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the diced chicken and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook until browned on all sides, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the diced bell pepper and onion to the skillet and cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Pour the teriyaki sauce over the chicken and vegetables in the skillet, stirring to coat. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until the sauce has thickened.
- Spoon the cooked jasmine rice into each pineapple boat, filling it about halfway.
- Divide the teriyaki chicken and vegetable mixture evenly among the pineapple boats, spooning it on top of the rice.
- Bake the pineapple boats in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the pineapple is heated through and slightly caramelized.
- Serve the teriyaki chicken pineapple boats hot and garnish with additional chopped pineapple, green onions, and sesame seeds, if desired.
Teriyaki Chicken Pineapple Boats
I just love serving these Teriyaki Chicken Pineapple Boats because they are look so beautiful, and taste even better! You’ve got to give this recipe a try. It’s a fun and unique dinner idea that will impress your family and friends, but it’s also great for parties and potlucks.
Plus, the combination of sweet pineapple, savory teriyaki chicken, and fragrant jasmine rice is a match made in heaven! Let me know how you like this recipe or share your favorite in the comments. And don’t forget to pin this for later and follow our Pinterest page for more fabulous recipes.