If you’re like me, you’re probably guilty of not being as diligent about sunscreen application as you should be. I mean, who has time to lotion up every day? Especially when it’s hot out and all you want to do is relax by the pool. But did you know that spending just a few minutes in the sun without proper protection can lead to some serious health consequences down the road? Check out these sun protection tips to keep your skin safe this summer.
Sun Protection Tips
Wearing sunscreen is one of the most important ways to protect your skin from the sun. Be sure to choose a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 and make sure to reapply it every two hours, or more often if you are sweating or swimming.
A sun hat is another great way to protect your skin from the sun. A wide-brimmed hat will provide the most protection, but any hat will help keep the sun off your face. I love this wide brim sun hat at Nordstrom. It’s full coverage and makes you look like a fabulous, famous person in-hiding when you’re on vacay.
Sunglasses are not only a great fashion accessory, but they also protect your eyes from harmful UV rays. Make sure to choose sunglasses that block at least 99% of UV rays.
If you are going to be spending time in the sun, it’s important to stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water. It’s also a good idea to take breaks in the shade to give your skin a break from the sun. And finally, remember to check your skin for any new moles or changes in skin spots.
Another way to protect your skin is to wear protective clothing. Long-sleeved shirts, pants, and hats can all help to keep your skin safe from the sun. If you are going to be in the sun for a long period of time, consider wearing clothing that is specifically designed to protect you from the sun’s rays.
Easy Ways to Stay Prepared to Protect Your Skin
- Keep sunscreen in your bag so you can re-apply throughout the day, and try to stay in the shade as much as possible. If you do go out in the sun, make sure to drink plenty of water to stay hydrated.
- Use a moisturizer with sunscreen to protect your skin from the sun and keep it hydrated.
- Don’t forget about your lips! Apply a lip balm with SPF to protect your lips from the sun.
- Keep an extra pair of sunglasses in your bag so you can always have them with you. I also keep a pair in my car in case I forget to bring my go-to pair when I leave in the morning.
- Refresh sunscreen with a powder sunscreen to stay protected and avoid that unpleasant sunscreen smell.
- After a day in the sun, aloe vera gel is my go-to for soothing sunburns.
- What are some of your favorite sun protection tips? Let us know in the comments below!
- These are just a few tips to help you enjoy the summer sun safely. Be sure to consult your doctor or dermatologist if you have any questions about sun safety. Have a great summer!
Follow these tips and you’ll be able to enjoy the summer sun safely!
Do you have any other tips for safe sun exposure? Let us know in the comments below!
PIN THIS FOR LATER
follow our Pinterest page