Disclosure: This post is sponsored by Wasa crackers, all thoughts and opinions are my own. #snackingwithwasa #ad Post topics, picnic recipes and summer snack ideas….
We are making the most of these last few weeks of summer with some fun day trips and mini vacations. Today was the perfect day to pack a picnic, drive out to a nearby farm and pick some sunflowers. The weather was nice and breezy and the sunflowers were in full bloom, it couldn’t have been more ideal!
This morning after breakfast I decided to put together our little picnic. I wanted to bring along something light and tasty we could snack on outside after we picked flowers. This chicken salad recipe was the perfect choice for an easy afternoon lunch. It’s one of my favorite picnic recipes!
I’ve made this recipe so many times and it’s always been a crowd favorite for baby showers and luncheons. It’s delicious, creamy and crunchy and a little bit sweet. And it goes great with our favorite Wasa crackers.
Picnic Recipes and Summer Snack Ideas
Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 1 apple, diced
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise or Miracle Whip
- 1/2 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- Combine chicken, apple, walnuts, and celery in a large bowl.
- Stir in mayonnaise
- Gently stir in the grapes
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes and serve
This recipe pairs great with Wasa Sourdough crackers. They are an easy, wholesome snack that’s full of flavor minus the guilt.
My other go-to snack recipe that pairs perfect with the new Wasa THINS is easy to make and has a sweet and spicy kick to it! This Pineapple Jalapeno Cream Cheese spread is so delicious, and super easy to make.
Pineapple Jalapeno Cream Cheese Spread Recipe
- 1 package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup pineapple, crushed (fresh or canned)
- 1/2 jalapeno, remove seeds and finely chopped
- Combine pineapple, cream cheese and jalapeno in a bowl.
- Stir with fork till well combined
- Serve immediately.
This spread is amazing on the new Wasa THINS. They have two tasty flavors to choose from, Rosemary & Sea Salt or Sesame & Sea Salt. Both pack 7+grams of whole grains and are under 100 calories. They are a healthy way to add a little crunch to your lunch.
Looking for a few more easy snack recipes that are under 100 calories. Try one of these WASA cracker combos:
- Greek Salad Crispwich –Wasa Fiber Crispbread topped with roasted garlic hummus, cucumber, tomato, olives and feta cheese
- Notcho Normal Nachos –Wasa Sourdough topped with guacamole, hard-boiled egg, salsa, cheese and cilantro
- Mango Chia Mania –Wasa Crisp’n Light 7 Grain topped with coconut yogurt, mango, chia seeds and coconut flakes
Check out these money saving coupons for Wasa crackers
Gotta go-to favorite summer snack?
Learn more at the Wasa website, http://www.wasa-usa.com/ Share your own Wasa recipe creations using #SnackingWithWasa
Wasa is currently available nationally and can be found in the specialty cracker aisle at most major and independent supermarkets.
WASA CRACKERS GIVEAWAY! ENTER TO WIN ONE OF THESE PRIZES:
A) Wasa swag backpack, including a $50 AMEX gift card, 3 month supply of crackers in coupons and samples of different cracker varieties.
B) Grand Prize -A Trip to the Fit Foodie Run weekend in San Diego* for the winner plus-one!
*see rules for full details
HOW TO ENTER
Leave a comment on this blog post for a chance to win a prize along with a chance to win the grand prize trip to San Diego courtesy of Wasa
Winner will be selected at random. Please include your email for notification. All entries must be received by August 20, 2016.
More details on the grand prize….
Don’t miss one delicious moment with our Make It A Weekend package! Kick off with us Friday night at Party With A Purpose, race to the taste Saturday morning at the Fit Foodie race, and finish up Sunday with our Sweat Session to complete your Fit Foodie weekend experience! Your Make It A Weekend Registration Includes:
– Friday Party With A Purpose ticket
– Sunday Sweat Session ticket
– 5K Run / Walk participation and race bib
– Fit Foodie 5K Finisher’s Medal
– Cash Reward for top finishers
– Entrance to the John Hancock Vitality Village post race celebration, featuring food and beverage samples, culinary demonstrations from Cooking Light personalities, mini fitness classes led by acclaimed professionals, raffle prizes, swag bag chock-full of goodies from top health and wellness brands, post race celebratory drinks. Cheers! (Registrants 21+ ONLY), 10% off Fit Foodie gear (sold on race day)
That Pineapple Jalapeno Cream Cheese Spread Recipe looks great! I’ll have to get some Wasa crackers now.
Great snack ideas. Wasa crackers are the best.
The Fit Foodie race sounds like a lot of fun!
Your recipe looks great, I love pineapple and cream cheese; thanks for the chance to win 🙂
I haven’t tried Wasa products for a long time – thanks for the inspiration!
I could go for that Greek Salad Crispwich right now!
The Notcho Normal Nachos sounds like a great recipe.
The Wasa thin flavors sound delicious!
Mango Chia Mania sounds yummy. Those sunflowers look so beautiful.
I’d really enjoy the Fit Foodie race.
Pass Me A Wasa Cracker Please! The Jalapeno Cream Cheese Spread Looks Delish! I Also Want To Try The Mango Chia Mania Recipe.
One of my favorite snacks is a sliced hard boiled egg on a wasa cracker with a bit of sea salt!
One of my favorite go-to summer time snacks is fresh fruits. I love a banana sliced and laid upon a piece of bread with a smear of almond butter.
The Mango Chia Mania sounds like a great way to satisfy a craving for something sweet without being unhealthy!
Love the snack ideas.
The Notcho Normal Nachos sound good – even better with some jalapenos or hot sauce on top!
I would like to try Mango Chia Mania recipe.
A go to summer snack at our house is Greek Yogurt with fresh berries from our garden. I also like to add a bit of homemade granola for the crunch factor!
The Notcho Normal Nachos sound lovely! I want to try them!
Your picnic pictures are beautiful! I’m inspired – thanks for the ideas.
Thanks for the coupons – time to get some Wasa crackers!
One of my go to summer snacks is roasted vegetables. Many times I will make up a tray at the beginning of the week and have it in the fridge for snacks around the house or on the go. Broccoli, cauliflower and zucchini are my favorite.
The Wasa website has a lot of great snack ideas! Thanks for sharing.
Love Wasa crackers with all different toppings – savory, salty, sweet, anything!
Looking forward to trying the new Wasa Thins.
That Wasa tin you have there is perfect, I love it! Thanks for the chance!
The Fit Foodie Race sounds really fun and delicious! 🙂
One of my favorite summer snacks is tortilla chips with fresh salsa made using the vegetables from my garden. The kids really like it too!
Hallleujah! I needed this-you’re my savior.