This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Marvel. All opinions are entirely my own.
Do your kids give you “the look” when they open their lunch boxes and see what you’ve packed? Or, even worse, do you open their lunch box at the end of the day and find a completely untouched meal? Nothing makes a mom feel worse than the idea that your kid went hungry rather than eat what you’ve made. It gets tough coming up with creative ideas day after day. Believe me, I know the drill! It's not even just the food you have to get right, but also the way that the lunch box looks, there are so many different kinds now such as the Eco Lunch Boxes that it's tough knowing what your kid actually likes.
You don’t have to rack your tired mom brain for creative lunch ideas every day! Make packing lunches they’ll love quick and easy with just a little bit of planning ahead. I’m sharing a few tips that have turned our lunch routine around!
1. Make a Master Meal List. Write down ten favorite foods that your child loves. Now work that list into a balanced combo of lunch ideas that you can easily make in minutes. Create a shopping list and keep your meal list and shopping list somewhere easily accessible. Email it to yourself, put it up on the fridge, snap a picture and keep on your phone. Having a handy list of meals you can whip up will keep you from spending money on unnecessary items and wasting time every day.
2. Let Kids Play Chef . Kids love to get in on the action when it comes to making their meals. Give them the chance to get creative with their lunch box by packing up separate foods they can combine. I grab a package of Marvel Spider-Man Webs Cheese when we grocery shop at Wegmans. It’s great for adding to lunches Brady can create on his own. Cheese is a good source of calcium and protein he can add to a pizza or sandwich.
3. Incorporate Their Favorite Characters. Another awesome reason we love Marvel Spider-Man Webs Cheese is because it turns lunch into a story. A pepperoni pizza becomes a “Web-aroni” pizza! Incorporating characters into lunch makes every meal more appealing and more appetizing for kids. Plus it’s made with milk and is a wholesome, responsible choice for kids.
A few of our favorite lunch box combos:
– Pepperoni Pizza + Oranges – flatbread, pepperonis, Marvel Spider-Man Webs Cheese, pizza sauce and orange
– Turkey Roll-Ups- turkey slices, Marvel Spider-Man Webs Cheese, crackers, grapes
– Nachos – tortilla chips, salsa, Marvel Spider-Man Webs Cheese and an apple
4. Keep Easy Grab and Go Options On Hand. Stock up on fruits that are easy to add to a lunch box on the fly. Oranges, bananas, apples, grapes. Prep snack bags of veggies that you can toss into the lunch box for a quick, healthy combo.
5. Containers, containers, containers. Having easily accessible containers for packing lunches will save you headache and hassle. Designate a drawer or basket to hold an assortment of various sized plastic containers and plastic bags. Then when you need to pull together a lunchbox you can just pull out everything you need in one place.
Visit coupons.com for savings on Marvel cheese snack varieties including:
– Marvel Avengers String Cheese Twists – 12/10 oz., 12 sticks
– Marvel Spider-Man String Cheese – 12/10 oz., 12 sticks
– Marvel Spider-Man Webs Cheese – 9/8 oz.
Be sure to head to Wegmans, ShopRite, Meijer, Giant, Tops Friendly Markets, or HEB for yours!
Find more kid’s activities and tips for moms at www.cheeseadventures.com
What are your favorite mom hacks for making lunch more fun?
Pin this for later and follow our Pinterest page for more awesome meal ideas…