Slime is a popular and fun activity for kids (and adults!) of all ages, but it can be a bit of a nightmare to clean up. If you’ve ever dealt with a slime stain, you know what a mess it can be. Here is a simple step-by-step guide on how to remove slime from clothes:
How to get slime out of clothes
- Start by scraping off as much of the slime as possible. Use a spoon or butter knife to gently lift the slime off of the fabric. Be sure to remove as much as possible, as this will make the next steps easier.
- Next, wet the affected area with cold water. This will help to loosen the slime and make it easier to remove. Avoid using hot water, as it can set the slime and make it harder to remove.
- Apply a small amount of dish soap or laundry detergent to the slime. Rub the soap into the slime using your fingers or a soft-bristled brush. Be sure to work the soap into the fabric as well, as this will help to lift the slime away from the fibers.
- Rinse the slime and soap off of the fabric with cold water. If the slime is still present, repeat the process until it is completely gone.
- Once the slime is gone, rinse the fabric thoroughly with cold water to remove any soap residue.
- If the slime has left a stain, you can try using a stain remover or a mixture of equal parts water and white vinegar to remove it. Rub the remover or vinegar mixture into the stain and let it sit for a few minutes before rinsing with cold water.
- Once the slime is completely removed, wash the fabric according to the care instructions. If the slime has left a strong odor, you may want to use an odor-eliminating laundry detergent or add a cup of white vinegar to the rinse cycle to help remove the smell.
By following these steps, you should be able to get slime out of clothes and keep them looking and smelling fresh. Just be sure to act quickly and be patient, as removing slime can take some time and effort.
Pin this for later and follow our Pinterest page for more life hacks and cleaning tips!