Hey there, fellow foodies! Today, I’m excited to share with you one of my all-time favorite recipes: Hasselback Chicken Caprese with Fresh Basil Pesto. This delicious and elegant dish is perfect for impressing your dinner guests or for a special date night at home. Not only is it absolutely delicious, but it’s also healthy and easy to make. Featuring juicy chicken breasts stuffed with fresh mozzarella, ripe tomatoes, and fragrant basil pesto, this Hasselback Chicken Caprese is sure to become a new family favorite. So, let’s get cooking and dive into this mouthwatering recipe!
Hasselback Chicken Caprese Recipe
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4 oz fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 large ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Using a sharp knife, make several deep, evenly spaced cuts across each chicken breast, being careful not to cut all the way through.
- Stuff the chicken breasts with alternating slices of fresh mozzarella and ripe tomato.
- In a small bowl, mix together the finely chopped basil leaves, grated Parmesan cheese, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. Season the mixture with salt and pepper to taste.
- Brush the basil pesto mixture over the tops of the stuffed chicken breasts.
- Place the stuffed chicken breasts onto the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through and the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove the Hasselback Chicken Caprese from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Enjoy your delicious and impressive meal!
My family loves this Hasselback Chicken Caprese with Fresh Basil Pesto recipe! It’s so versatile and perfect for any occasion, from a fancy dinner party to a cozy night in with your loved one. Not only is it simple to make, but it’s also a healthy and flavorful option.
Tell us your favorite recipes in the comments and pass this one along to anyone who loves trying new and delicious meals. And don’t forget to pin this for later. Follow our Pinterest page for more delicious family dinner ideas!