If you’re looking for a refreshing and delicious dish that combines the flavors of soba noodles, crunchy vegetables, and a rich peanut sauce, then this Peanut Soba Noodle Slaw is perfect for you. Packed with nutrients and bursting with flavor, this recipe is a great option for a quick lunch or a side dish at dinner parties. Let’s get started!
Crunchy Peanut Soba Noodle Slaw Recipe
Preparation Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 5 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes Servings: 4
For the Peanut Sauce:
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons warm water
For the Slaw:
- 8 ounces soba noodles
- 1 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced bell pepper (any color)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted peanuts
- Cook the soba noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and rinse them under cold water to stop the cooking process. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey (or maple syrup), sesame oil, minced garlic, grated ginger, and warm water until smooth. If the sauce seems too thick, add more warm water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until you reach the desired consistency. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked soba noodles, shredded cabbage, shredded carrots, sliced bell pepper, sliced cucumber, chopped scallions, and chopped cilantro.
- Pour the peanut sauce over the noodle and vegetable mixture. Toss well to coat everything evenly. You can add more sauce if you prefer a stronger flavor.
- Let the slaw sit for about 5 minutes to allow the flavors to meld together. This will also give the soba noodles a chance to absorb some of the sauce.
- Just before serving, sprinkle the chopped roasted peanuts over the slaw for an extra crunch.
- Serve the Peanut Soba Noodle Slaw as a main dish or a side salad. It can be enjoyed immediately or chilled in the refrigerator for a couple of hours to enhance the flavors.
Optional Additions: Feel free to customize your Peanut Soba Noodle Slaw by adding or substituting other vegetables such as snow peas, bean sprouts, or edamame. For some extra protein, you can include grilled chicken, tofu, or shrimp as well.
Enjoy this delightful and satisfying Peanut Soba Noodle Slaw that’s packed with vibrant flavors and textures. It’s a perfect dish to satisfy your cravings and impress your guests with its fusion of Asian-inspired ingredients.