When it comes to finding the best sunscreen for baby, there are a lot of things to consider. You want something that is safe and effective, but you also don’t want to break the bank. So what are some of the best baby sunscreens on the market? We’ve got you covered. Keep reading for our top picks!
Best Sunscreen for Babies
Thinkbaby sunscreen is made without oxybenzone, parabens and phthalates. The sunscreen blocks 98 percent of UVB rays and is water-resistant for up to 80 minutes. Shop on Amazon
Supergoop! Sunnyscreen 100% Mineral Lotion SPF 50 Baby Sunscreen
THE RIGHT SUNSCREEN FOR BABY – Sunnyscreen is a 100% non-nano mineral sunscreen that checks all the boxes, meaning it’s pediatrician tested, hypoallergenic & fragrance-free. It’s also water-resistant for up to 80 minutes, pocket sized, spill proof and easy to apply — even on the littlest wiggle worms!
It’s also made with clean ingredients like chia seed oil (packed with antioxidants), red algae extract (full of skin softening minerals)
Shop on Amazon
Babo Botanicals Baby Skin Mineral Sunscreen Lotion
“Babo Botanicals Baby Skin Mineral Sunscreen Lotion SPF 30 is an effective, mineral sunscreen that provides broad spectrum protection against UVA and UVB rays. Babo Botanicals Baby Skin Mineral Sunscreen Lotion is a safe alternative to chemical sunscreens. This non-greasy formula contains no fragrances or harsh chemicals, so it won’t irritate your baby’s skin.
The water resistant formula goes on thick and stays on in the pool, providing moisturizing protection. Shop on Amazon
How to Apply Baby Sunscreen
When it comes to protecting your baby from the sun, you want to make sure you’re using the best sunscreen possible. But with so many products on the market, how do you know which one is right for your little one?
Here are a few things to keep in mind when choosing a sunscreen for your baby:
1. Choose a sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15.
2. Make sure the sunscreen is broad-spectrum, meaning it will protect against both UVA and UVB rays.
3. Look for a water-resistant sunscreen if your baby will be spending time in the water.
4. Avoid sunscreens with chemicals like oxybenzone and octinoxate, which can be harmful to the body.
5. Apply sunscreen generously to all exposed areas of the skin, including the face, neck, ears, and hands. Consider using a stick formula on face and around eyes to avoid sunscreen getting into baby’s eyes from sweat and water exposure.
6. Reapply sunscreen every two hours, or more often if your baby is swimming or sweating.
7. Be sure to protect your baby’s eyes with sunglasses or a hat with a full coverage brim.
Shop for the best baby sunhat our readers love and recommend!
By following these tips, you can choose the best sunscreen for your baby and help keep them safe from the harmful effects of the sun.